Thread: GPS is not working in N97

GPS is not working in N97

Hell to all,
    I don't know whether it is right place or not. My mobile's(nokia N97) GPS application is not working. I had this problem from last week. I don't know very much about it. Please help me to get rid out of this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: GPS is not working in N97

I also had the same problem then one of my friend suggest me to hard reset. After performing hard reset my mobile is working fine now. This process helps in solving most of the complicated problems. I think you also try this process. If you don't know how to reset your mobile then use following steps.
    You have to hard reset your mobile to get rid out of this problem. Just unlock your mobile and type *#7370# code and then type default code 12345. after this you will not get any error.

It seems that your wifi connection is not working properly and that's why you are getting this problem. If your internet connection is not working properly, then how can you use your GPS application. In this case you have to first check whether your WiFi connection is working or not. You can check this by opening any website form our mobile's browser. If you are not able to open any website then your WiFi connection is not working.

First check whether following setting is present in your mobile or not.
    First go to Main menu -> Now go to Settings option -> now go to Phone option -> Now tap on Application Settings -> now select Positioning and check whether you can find following three option or not.
    • Positioning Methods
    • Positioning Server
    • Notation Preferences

If you don't find above option then try to get these option from your mobile operator.

Hey. it seems that you are using your mobile's GPS service in the area, where you are covered with lot's of tree or buildings. It means you are trying to access GPS service, where there is no connection or low connection. Some times GPS connection unable to reach destination device, if it is block by some solid object. In this case try to go in open space and then try use GPS service.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software. It may get corrupted or get damaged. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to fix this problem. You can do this by using nokia PC suite. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps. Download update file from nokia PC suite and install in mobile using application installer.
    You can download this update file here.