Thread: Nokia N97 Mini automatically restarts

Nokia N97 Mini automatically restarts

Hi'
    I am having this problem from last month. I have nokia N97 Mini which is 3 months old. From last month N97 automatically restarts while using applications or while sending text messages. I don't know what happened to it. Any one else having the same problem?
    Please help me.

Re: Nokia N97 Mini automatically restarts

Which memory of your mobile used to store messages? is it Phone memory or Memory card? If you are using Phone memory to store message then you may likely get such type of problem. You have to store messages in your memory card to overcome this problem. If you don't know how to change it, then use following steps.
    First go to Menu option -> now go to Messaging option -> now open Options->tap on Settings option -> now select Other option and navigate to memory card.
    That's it.

It seems that your the problem is related with your mobile's software. In this case you have to hard reset your mobile to fix this problem. You can hard reset your mobile in following ways.
    First turn off your mobile and simultaneously press Caps shift, Space bar, Delete button, On buttons until your mobile start. After this process you will not get any error.
    Note: Take backup of your mobile before performing this process.

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software setting. It may be get corrupted or damaged. In this case you have to perform “restore factory setting” of your mobile. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    1.First go to mobile's main menu.
    2.Now go to setting option.
    3.Now click on “restore factory setting”
    4.Now tap on restore button. One message window pop up for security code, type default code 12345 in that and press OK.

It seems that your mobile's phone memory become full and that's why your mobile continuously restarts. In this case you have to free up mobile's phone memory to fix this problem. You can do this by deleting old messages from your mobile or by saving them on memory card, by closing or removing unnecessary application, by using default theme for your mobile, etc. You have to keep minimum 2 or 3mb space in your mobile's phone memory.

I also had the same problem then one of my friend said me to format memory card. After formatting my memory card, now I don't have any problem. I think most of the people face this problem. If you don't know how to format your memory card then use following steps.
    First remove memory card from mobile and insert it into card reader -> now connect that card reader to computer -> now perform quick format -> now again insert that memory card into mobile and switch on your mobile.

i too have the same problem with my N97 mini which had been bought 5 days back. I immediately got the handset replaced. Unfortunately even the replaced Handset had the same problems. The phone would restart automatically for no reason whatsoever. i have again asked for phone replacement. Really disappointed with Nokia over this. I didnt insert memory card. nor did i have more than 10 sms on my phone. Hence, i dont see sms and memory card to be an issue here. I also ensured tht there are no open apps. Tried a phone reset which didnt work too. Waiting for a new handset tomorrow. Will post my comments then.

Some versions of firmware may cause this issue, by the way how often does the phone gets restart? For that you first need to go to Menu option --> now go to Messaging option --> now open Options-->tap on Settings option --> now select Other option and navigate to memory card. It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software setting. It may be get corrupted or damaged. In this case you have to perform “restore factory setting” of your mobile.

I have baught nokia n97 recently from my service provider.. its restarting like crazy. I dnt have any application other than the service provider puts in it. no songs no sms. plesse tell me what to do? tried hard reses 10 times

To overcome this problem of Nokia N97 Mini, you first need to open main menu of your Nokia N97 Mini. Then you need to select the "setting" option. Then find the 'Restore Factory Setting' option in the setting menu. Then you need to select this option, and after this you will get option to enter the security code. Then provide the security code and click ok. Try this procedure.

I have the most updated software Version: V20.2.019 sOFTWARE vERSION DATE: 13-10-09. i TRY WITH THE ALL KIND OF RESETS EVEN THE ONE WITH DIALER 7370 CODE THEN I TRIED THE ONE IN WHICH WE SHUT DOWN THE PHONE AND PRESS SHIFT,SPACE, BACKSPACE AND POWER. STILL IT RANDOMLY RESTARTS. GOT ONLY DEFULT APPLICATION ON THE PHONE WHICH COMES WITH MY PROVIDER. NO CONTACTS NO SONGS. STILL IT DOIN THIS. LET ME ASK YOU GUYS WHICH SV U GUYS ARE USING AND ARE PHONES ARE GOING WELL?

I think that the software Version: V20.2.019 is pretty latest. If your phone is randomly restarting then there might be Virus infection. But since you told that your phone is having only the factory settings and you not have added the software or anything else, then I would recommend you to send that phone to the Service Center. There might be some hardware issue creating this problem.

N97 had a batch of defective phones released. I think you must of got one of the phones from that batch. So i would suggest you to contact the nearest Nokia Gallery and get your Cell phone checked. They will check the batch and the lot no of your phone. If it belongs to the defective lot, you will get it replaced.

Sounds like your phone is infected by virus or malicious program, But as you told that you have already reset your phone then i will recommend you to get your cell phone checked in any of the manufacturer's service centre because this might be because of some sort of hardware issue so get it checked.

Yup, i too have the same firmware and my n97 mini is working great.. no problems at all so far.. As i said earlier i have tested my phone on GPS, wifi and gprs... no issues at all.
    I suggest you get another replacement for N97 mini. Get a white color handset this time. Also try to change the sim card. Use some other sim card.

Hi bro in canada here whe dnt have white color one, all are black one. I belive it could be the cutomization of my service provider which is creating trouble or maybe the sim.

What Firmware version is the Phone running? I think you should try to update your phone with the latest updated firmware. It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software setting. Either restore settings from a recent backup, or try a hard reset *#7370# (which will wipe all data). It may be get corrupted or damaged. For that you need to perform “restore factory setting” of your mobile. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps. First you need to go to mobile's main menu. Then need to go to setting option. After that click on on “restore factory setting”. Afterwards, you need to tap on restore button. One message window pop up for security code, type default code 12345 in that and press OK. That's it.

From your information it seems that there is some hardware related problem and for this reason you are getting this problem. You can check whether it is hardware problem or not by doing following steps.
    First turn off your mobile -> now remove mobile's battery and SIM card -> now again insert battery in your mobile but without SIM card -> now turn on your mobile -> now try to call 112 -> if your mobile restarts again then it means that there is some hardware related issue. In this case you have to repair your mobile to fix this problem. If your mobile is under warranty the take advantage of it.

Hi, well i got my N97 mini replaced twice and the phone still kept restarting. I got the phone replaced again for a white piece and changed the sim card. Surprising this phone has not restarted even once after heavy use of GPS, Wifi and internet past 2 weeks.
    It is working like a charm. I am loving my phone. So far the best phone i have used.

I would suggest try to use some other SIM card and if you had problems with black handsets then replace your phone for a white color phone.

smile

Hi Guys,
    Thank You very much for all of your advise. I am tring my best if i could remourse my cell back to my service provider. They are offering me to exchange to another N97 which will gona be my 3rd new N97 so i dunno what to do should i try the oither new phone too or should i just send to nokia for checking. But let me ask you guys are you N97's working all good as far as retarting is concern? I think its the latest version which i have is giving this trouble V20.2.019. May be the old one is better. are you guys using teh same firware which I have????? and r u r phones going good with that?

Hi..I bought my phone 2 weeks ago but already I'm facing a number of problems..the most significant one is that it doesn't vibrate in the quiet mode...when I restart it the problem gets fixed but only temporarily..its a major problem as I miss a number of calls this way...my phone also hangs frequently and restarts automatically for no reason...is there anything i can do abt it...i dont have any additional applications on the phone...pls help..

Quote Originally Posted by Forget_it View Post
    Hi..I bought my phone 2 weeks ago but already I'm facing a number of problems..the most significant one is that it doesn't vibrate in the quiet mode...when I restart it the problem gets fixed but only temporarily..its a major problem as I miss a number of calls this way...my phone also hangs frequently and restarts automatically for no reason...is there anything i can do abt it...i dont have any additional applications on the phone...pls help..
    There can be a problem with your phones hardware component. I had a similar problem with my Sony Ericson F305. When I got it repaired from the service center I was told it is an issue because of the 'ringer'. So this might be the same in your case. Try to contact Nokia Service center and most possibly your issue will get resolved.