Thread: How do i connect Samsung C3053 to my Laptop?

How do i connect Samsung C3053 to my Laptop?

Hello friends, I have recently bought a Samsung C3053 mobile phone which supports all kinds of media to be played. I want to connect Samsung C3053 to my laptop to transfer some data but dont know exactly how to go about it. My laptop is an ACER aspire 5738 which has bluetooth connectivity. Can i transfer data using bluetooth from my pc to my phone? If yes then how to go about it? Need help.

Re: How do i connect Samsung C3053 to my Laptop?

Nowadays all multimedia phones come with an external memory card. Samsung C3053 also has an external memory card which you can remove form the phone and can transfer data on it using a card reader. Acer Laptops come with an built in 5 in 1 card reader which you can use it to transfer data on the memory card. If your card does not match the built in card slot then you can use an external card reader which supports USB 2.0 to transfer the data.

Samsung c3053 has USB connectivity, therefore it can be connected using a data cord (which is provided with the phone) to your pc to transfer the data. Once the phone is connected to PC, the windows will search and install its driver and the device will be ready to use. Once the drivers are installed, the device will be seen in my computer as a removable disk. Now you can copy the data you want on your phone from your Laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You will need a Samsung PC Studio to connect your phone to your Laptop using a data cord. It is Software (PC suite) which acts as a mediator between the PC and phone. Usually it is provided with the phone but if it is not then you can download it from the samsung official site. Once the PC studio is installed, then connect the phone to your laptop. It will detect the phone and install its driver. Using this software you can sync data between your phone and PC also you can transfer media files using it. If the media file format is not supported by your phone, then software converts it into a format which is supported by the phone.

Samsung have software for that; http://www.samsungmobile.com.sg/supp...053&sw_type=SW

Some of these phones come with a data cable (USB standard one end, camera connector at the other).

If not, usually you can buy one from Samsung or EBay. You also need the drivers, I think, to operate the phone as a 'modem'.

As your laptop has Bluetooth connectivity you can transfer the data directly using it. First turn on the bluetooth of your phone, once it is done then turn on the bluetooth on your laptop. Now go to Bluetooth adaptor and Click on "Add new device". A new window will open, Now click on "Search for devices". The system will search for devices in vicinity and will recognize your device if it is in discoverable mode. Once you see your mobile phone on the list, Highlight it and click on Connect. Now enter any authentication password and press enter. Now you will get a prompt on your mobile phone to accept the connection. Select accept and enter the same password you entered on your laptop. If the password you entered matches then it will show that connection has been established. Now you will be able to transfer data to and from your mobile phone.

There is no need of Samsung PC suite to transfer data from your pc to phone. Samsung phones can be used in different modes according to the service which is needed. Data storage mode can be used to transfer data from the laptop to phone. In data storage mode only the external memory card of the phone can be accessed by the laptop. Put the phone in DATA storage mode and then connect it to your laptop. It will be detected as a mass storage device and you can transfer data on it as you do it on a Pen drive. To put your phone in data storage mode, Go to Settings-- Phone settings-- PC connections-- and then select DATA storage mode. Now save the settings and close all the application running on it. Note that the phone will not get detected if it is not in IDLE mode.