Thread: Transcend External Hard Disk Drive detects but do not show contents on windows 7

Transcend External Hard Disk Drive detects but do not show contents on windows 7

Hello. This is a problem that I am facing with the portable external device I am using. I have bought Transcend external hard disk drive to carry out my data. But the issue is that when I plug it to my system it detects but no contents are shown. I use a desktop machine installed with windows 7 as the operating system. Please help me out so that I can sort this problem. Thank you.

Re: Transcend External Hard Disk Drive detects but do not show contents on windows 7

The problem that your hard disk drive is getting detected but not able to show the contents is due to the incompatibility of the port with the drive that you are plugging the device. This is because the systems port is quite not portable or proper to get connected to the new high tech device. So try connecting it to the back panel of the system as it has faster connectivity for data transfer process. This should work.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Transcend External Hard Disk Drive detects but do not show contents on windows 7

There is a step through which you can do make the device to show the contents available in it. Just follows the given procedure:

1) Plug the external device to the USB port of your system.
    2) Right click on my computer option.
    3) Then click on manage.
    4) Go to the device manager list.
    5) Expand the root of USB devices.
    6) Find the device that is been plugged and then right click on it.
    7) Click on uninstall the driver for the same.
    8) Plug out the device and then again plug in the device.
    9) Let the system automatically detect the drive and install the drivers.

This shall enable and make the device to function properly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can trouble shoot the device in order to get it function properly. All you need to do is to use the utility disc of the windows 7 and then follow the installation procedure that would popup. You then need to access forward and then an option would come to fix up the issue. Click on the problem to fix up the issue. This shall resolve the problem associated with the system.

You may need to perform a clean boot in order to make the things to work in your conditions or way. Follow the steps:

* Click on start menu and then to the run command.
    * Type msconfig and hit enter.
    * Go to the selective startup menu.
    * Check the Hide all Microsoft services option from the list.
    * Click on disable all.
    * Restart the system.

There is an alternative method through which you can make the device to view its contents. All you need to do is to:

Click on the start button.
    Go to to My computer option.
    Then organize to the option.
    Go to folder and search options.
    Click on View Tab.
    Uncheck the Hide empty drives in computer folder.
    Click Ok.

Like to thank you from the bottom of my heart, been trying to get this fxd for a long time and today wasted almost 8 hrs, but now this fix worked for me well...thanks again.