Thread: SAMSUNG HD DVD Player problem

SAMSUNG HD DVD Player problem

Just few days back i had bought a new SAMSUNG HD DVD Players. Now the problem is when i try to play any disc on my HD DVD Players, my player (HD-A1) won't recognize the HD DVDs. I either get a "No Disc" or "Error" or the following error code "0x4094C504" which from what I can tell is a Video Controller Error. What i need to do to resolve my SAMSUNG HD DVD Player problem? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: SAMSUNG HD DVD Player problem

HD DVD (short for High-Definition/Density DVD) was a high-density optical disc format for storing data and high-definition video. After you have installed the disc that accompanies the player, you have connected the USB and Power to the player, then the 360 should hookup to the player with no problems.

An Internet connected XBox should then ask you to do an update to the player in which you should do. If everything has gone well (i.e. there was no power outage or other catastrophe), then you should have no problems. The upscaling process does a good job of matching the upscaled pixel output of a DVD player to the native pixel display resolution of an HDTV, resulting in better detail and color consistency. is currently implemented, upscaling can't convert standard DVD images into true high-definition images.

I tried switching USB cables and the signal is still not being sent to the xbox from the hd dvd player. The Hd dvd layer is running but it is not communicating. Blu-ray and HD-DVD both employ Blue Laser technology (which has a much shorter wavelength than the red laser technology used in current DVD). Blu-ray and HD-DVD enables a disc the size of a current DVD disc (but, which much greater storage capacity than a standard DVD) to hold an entire film at HDTV resolution or allow the consumer to record two hours of high definition video content.

HD-DVD has been supported on the hardware side by NEC, Onkyo, Samsung (also supports Blu-ray) Sanyo, Thomson (Note: Thomson also supported Blu-ray), and Toshiba. If your problem doesn't get resolved then try to contact your manufacturer. He will surely help you out to resolve your above issue.