Thread: Oppo BDP-83 playback problem

Oppo BDP-83 playback problem

Recently i had bought a new Oppo BDP-83 player. Now the problem is that when i try to play any disc on my new Oppo BDP-83 player, it doesn't play any disc on it. I even had updated the firmware to the current firmware, but couldn't resolve the issue. Any one has any idea how to resolve Oppo BDP-83 playback problem? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Oppo BDP-83 playback problem

It is truly a Universal Player and it's performance is outstanding in all modes. The only two discs that have been identified to give the OPPO a problem are 12 rounds and The Haunting in Ct. The Oppo BDP-83 is an outstanding universal disc player with excellent performance on Blu-rays and DVDs and lightning-fast operational speed. Users are encouraged to test the Picture Adjustment settings with DVDs being up converted. If your display supports 1080p 24Hz video you will be astounded by the images this player can produce with DVDs.

Another function added in firmware updates was onboard decoding of both DTS-HD lossless audio and Dolby Digital TrueHD audio. Oppo Digital, a small but bold company in Northern California, has made a big splash in the electronics world. Buyers and critics of its original DVD players have been more than pleased with high quality video and audio playback.

Audio on the Oppo will please most listeners of movies, compact discs and SACDs. In a system with HDMI connections, the OPPO BDP-83 is an extremely desirable player to have because it's a fantastic Blu-ray player with a beautiful picture and speedy operation.

There's no player that can 100% guarantee to play every disc without ever needing a firmware update. I had no problem with wolverine on my OPPO, because I leave BD-Live always off. I had no problem with wolverine on my OPPO, because I leave BD-Live always off. When watching BLU-RAY's I usually do all my movie watching with the OPPO BDP-83 including all bonus features accept for BD-LIVE. When it comes to BD-LIVE I usually end up ejecting the disc from the OPPO player and placing the disc in my computer for the most reliable BD-LIVE playback.

Unfortunately, its more trouble than it is worth at this stage and the player is much faster with it off in load times. The best way to resolve your above issue is to contact your manufacturer. He might be able to help you out to resolve your above issue.