Thread: ASUS R50A UMPC Performance and battery life

ASUS R50A UMPC Performance and battery life

A few weeks before i read about new UMPC from Asus Listed as the R50A. looks like a new sector with its Eee PC morely Ultra-Mobile PC. Well i am feeling that ASUS R50A UMPC can be impressive but looks is not always superior some what its looks like SONY PSP but can any one tell me about its battery life and performance ??

Re: ASUS R50A UMPC Performance and battery life

First thing there is difference between ASUS R50A UMPC and SONY PSP and propose of both devices is different but with more portability well As a reminder the Asus R50A runs Centrino Atom platform with Silverthorne Atom processor clocked at 1.33 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, a disc of 32 GB SSD, a 5.6''WSVGA screen with a resolution of 1024 × 600, webcam with microphone, a fingerprint reader, a pen, a joystick, a directional pad and GPS connectivity, 3G/HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB 2.0 (x3). It measures 199mm x 97mm x 29mm, weighs 520 grams and runs on Windows Vista. so there i lot to work off site.

Asus indicates that the UMPC should be perfectly suited to manual entry of text, and it will possible to communicate by voice, image or sound by using a webcam and microphone. No details have been given on the on the gaming side with the R50A. The goal that governed the design of the R50A appears to have been the integration of all mobile technologies that are currently booming in the market as among others regain connectivity 3G and 3G + (HSDPA) GPS or TV tuner.

The Asus R50A UMPC runs on Centrino Atom processor with Silverthorne Atom Z520 where if you see Sony VAIO W with Intel Atom N280 1,66 GHz there is no more big difference with performance no doubt that Sony VAIO W is winner but difference between Asus R50A UMPC and Sony VAIO W is not that much big but you there is much big difference between there design and size.

yes the much lagging you observed with ASUS R50A UMPC on disk storage side else its rocking where the speed of SSD R50A is more.ASUS R50A UMPC having battery with small capacity 2 cells but that is enough to provide support longer than four hours. I think that is much power full and more than a normal netbook that can provide. so you can operate at least one working day without recharging .

No doubt that ASUS R50A UMPC Speed Reading with SSD is slightly lower than that of the hard drive netbook but the access time is better than other but considering netbooks and notebooks and battery capacity i think it will going to effect life span due to heat consumption as portability is more another main concern is comfort for human body as size of screen and absence of key board can effect it badly.