| || |
| || |
Join Date: Mar 2008
Re: How to install ringtones on my iPhone?
You can create ringtones from many songs purchased from the iTunes Store. But the concern is that a tariff ($ 0.99) is applied to each ring created. I suggest you create your ringtone totally free to create your own follow the procedure below.
- First launch iTunes, once opened, select the music you want and then do a "right click, then click" Get Info ".
- A new box appears, go to "Options" tab.
- Now cut a piece of your selection with the setting "Start" and "End", be sure to have a selection that does not exceed 30 seconds.
- Then click "OK".
- You're new in your library, redone right click on the song "cut" and click "Convert Selection to AAC".
- If instead of AAC, MP3 or you have other, go to iTunes Preferences (Edit / Preferences).
- Then go to the tab Advanced / Importing and select Import in with: AAC Encoder
- Once the conversion is complete, a second file with the same name appears, but you can differentiate it from the original in looking duration.
- Note: Remember to uncheck "Start" and "End" on your original music to find a part in full.
- Now it must find the music (that of 30 seconds) in the files of your computer. Once found you notice that its extension is. M4a.
- To convert the file as a ringtone recognized by the iPhone, simply just change the extension. M4r.
- Once the extension changed, start playing your newly created file in iTunes. And now, the file is added to your ringtones library.
- The creation of the ringtone is over, now it is just enough to sync your iPhone.
- The synchronization is complete, go now to "Settings => Sounds => True.
Here you have a new ringtone.