Thread: Unlocking blackberry 8830 world edition from alltel

Unlocking blackberry 8830 world edition from alltel

Hi everyone,
    I am using a blackberry 8830 world edition from alltel i also have roaming facility , Recently I have terminated their services , I cleared their account for early termination, I want to unlock the phone so that i can use the same handset with the t mobile. When i called the alltel for help in this matter they replied me negatively. So i need some help so that i can unlock my mobile phone so that i can use it with some other service. Kindly suggest some solutions as soon as possible.

Re: Unlocking blackberry 8830 world edition from alltel

hello friend
    As far as i know the blackberry 8830 world edition phone is a CDMA phone tht means the phone can't be unlocked . Because the CDMA phone does not accept sim cards altell. That is the reason why the Alltel is replying negatively . Coming to the GSM part where the sim card slot is for is already unlocked. because it will work only with the European GSM frequencies. So , If you want to visit , Europe or Asia. I think that this phone will work with any of the GSM service provider . But if you are in America this will not work with any other service other than alltel.

I am very thankful to you for giving me an appropriate reply I am currently in India and the phone is working with one of the best GSM service of India as you said in your reply . I am able to make calls and receive calls but I am not able to access the internet via the cell phone so please help me regarding this matter.

For accessing the internet via the cell phone you will have to get the internet settings from the official website of your service provider . So just visit the official website select your cellphone model and you will get the setting over there . You will just have to follow some simple instructions and all is done your phone will be ready to access the internet.

In order to be able to access the internet theough your cellphone you should have the internet settings for your cell phone . If you are confident enough to do so while visiting the official website of the service you can go ahead . Otherwise , Just go to the customer care gallery and you will be helped by the company They will provide you the settings manually.

This is just because your phone is not configured for using the internet by the company. You can achieve this by either of the two ways

1. Simply call the customer care and tell him to forward the internet settings and install that setting over your phone if he is able to do so . Else follow his instructions and get your phone configured to use the internet. or try visiting one of the customer care centre.

2. Try to know the APN and/or username and password of your subscriber after getting this follow these steps

a.Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP/IP
    b.Check PN Settings Enabled
    c. Enter the APN
    d. Enter username as your mobile number. If you are asked by the subscriber to do so.
    e. Save the changes and Exit. Now you should be able to access the Internet on your phone.
    Now your phone is ready for accessing the internet theough your cell phone
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello friends
    I tried to visit the official website if the mobile company but could not understand the steps that were mentioned there. Then i got the APN, password and the username and followed the steps above but could not understand the stuffs . Finally i called customer care for getting manual help they gave me the address of the customer care shops . There the executive configured my cell phone manually . Now I can surf the internet via the mobile phone

vinojanu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Breath View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am using a blackberry 8830 world edition from alltel i also have roaming facility , Recently I have terminated their services , I cleared their account for early termination, I want to unlock the phone so that i can use the same handset with the t mobile. When i called the alltel for help in this matter they replied me negatively. So i need some help so that i can unlock my mobile phone so that i can use it with some other service. Kindly suggest some solutions as soon as possible.
    Cool you can get your mobile unlock code from here. unlocking4u After you unlock your mobile you can use any other network.