Thread: Problem connecting Samsung Gravity to PC via USB cord

Problem connecting Samsung Gravity to PC via USB cord

Hello friends, I have just bought a new Samsung Gravity (T459) which I am trying to connect it to my computer. I am using Windows Xp on my computer. The problem is that whenever i try to connect my Samsung phone to my pc via USB, it is not detected. When i connect my phone, the windows gives the sound of found new hardware but it gives the error "There was some problem while installing new device". Cant figure out what the problem is, Please help.

Re: Problem connecting Samsung Gravity to PC via USB cord

As you are not able to connect your phone to pc using a USB cord, the possible problem is with the USB cord. Have you tried connecting the your phone using another data cord? If not then try connecting the phone to the pc using a different USB cord. USB data cord tend to become faulty with time depending on there storage and handling. Changing the USB cord will solve the problem. Either you can get the cord from a samsung dealer or you can purchase it from a local user.

Has your phone sustained any physical damage? If yes then there is a possibility that the USB port on the phone has got damaged and is not allowing the phone to connect the computer. Replacing the USB port of the phone will do the trick. To get it replaced you need to go to nearest samsung service center. They will not charge you if the phone is under warranty but if the phone is out of warranty then you will have to pay for replacing the Port along with their service charges.

The problem surely is with the USB drivers which are installed on your pc. May be they are not supporting the phone. Get the updated USB drivers for your motherboard from internet and install them. Once the drivers are installed check if the phone is detected. If it still not detected then download the latest drivers for your phone from the official site of samsung. After installing these drivers, your phone will be detected.

Samsung phones come with different modes in which you can connect it to your pc. Try changing the mode to Data storage mode and see if the phone is detected. To change the mode to data storage mode, Go to Menu-- Select Settings-- Select Phone Setting-- Now enter into PC connections tab and select Data storage mode. Now save the settings and make the phone idle (close all apps running on the phone). Now connect the phone to your PC, it will be detected as a Mass data storage device.

Your phone must have come with a software bundle CD, among these CD's there will be a software named Samsung PC Studio. Install this software which establishes connection between your Samsung phone and your desktop PC. By using this Software you will be able to sync the phone with your PC also it supports data transfer between your pc and the phone. It also converts the files while transferring to the format which is supported by your phone. Installing this mediator software will hopefully solve the problem.

I'm having this same problem. I have both a mac and a Asus EEE 100HA netbook (windows xp). Does anyone know where I can update the USB drive on my netbook? I don't believe this is compatible with my mac.

help!

I have the same problem with my Samsung Gravity and have searched for hours for the solution. I have had it working about 2 weeks ago but I cant get it working anymore for no reason. Ive reinstalled theprogram and tried many different thigs