Thread: Suddenly HP laptop keyboard is not working

Suddenly HP laptop keyboard is not working

I am using HP Pavilion tx2500 touch screen notebook. Using it from last three months and a day ago the keyboard has stop functioning. I have already done system restoring and also tried cleaning it and updated the drivers also then also it is not working. This touch keyboard is really bad within three months is causing problem. Please tell me solution for this problem.

Re: Suddenly HP laptop keyboard is not working

I would suggest you to go Device Manager of notebook. I that check that is there any yellow or "!" or "?" is visible?. If yes, then install freshly the drivers of keyboard.If this does not works then try to remove the keyboard in DM, and reboot the notebook. Windows should re detect and reinstall software and hardware. Also make sure that keyboard plug is not loose or there is no bent connectors.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

According to me there problem with the hardware(i.e keyboard). If this hardware is under warranty period then you should go to service center for diagnosis or for repair or to replace. And if its not in warranty period then it may cause you not much money to repair it. And yes you can also try to check your keyboard on another HP pavilion machine maybe there could be problem with notebook.

Few days i also went through same problem and i fix it by following procedure. Shut down the notebook, then remove all the power cord and battery. Now, hold the power button for at least 10seconds so that any power left in the capacitors will be removed. And also hit the play buttons quickly. After all this is done, insert the battery back and try its working or not. If this does not works, then its mostly the driver problem or a faulty connection. Reinstall keyboard drivers and check connection of keyboard is not loose.

I am also facing this same problem of keyboard not working. I have HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop. Last night i was working on my laptop, preparing my presentation and also working in Microsoft Word. I was working around 5-6hours continuously.After work got finished i closed my laptop and slept but forgot to shut down it. And when i woke-up in morning i saw laptop was On but the keyboard was not working. Can anyone tell what would have been cause for this???

First of all check keyboard connector if it is not loose and all the pins in connector are perfect and not bent. If this all is fine then would tell you to update the drivers of the keyboard. This can be done by following steps:
    1: Right Click on My Computer
    2: Click on Properties, then Device Manager will be opened
    3: In Device Manager, you can see option named Keyboard, under
    there would option to update driver.Click on that and update the
    drivers
    After doing this, restart the notebook and check whether is working or not, if not then try the System Restore method. Hope this would work for you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's