Thread: What are Pen Flicks ?

What are Pen Flicks ?

I have a simple question about pen flicks. Actually i have bought a new computer and i have installed windows vista just because of its visual clarity. I am using tablet pc on this windows vista machine. Can anybody give me some information about Pen Flicks ??? I have heard that it is much useful if you use tablet pc.

What are Pen Flicks.

If you want to navigate quickly and to perform more faster by using the shortcuts then you use your tablet pen to make gestures like Pen Flicks. Basically there are two categories in Pen Flicks which are Navigational Pen Flicks and Editing Pen Flicks. Actions like drag up, drag down, move back, and move forward are included in Navigational Pen Flicks and copy, paste, undo, and delete are covered by Editing pen flicks.

upward flick and downward flick of Pen Flicks.

You can use your tablet pen to go through the browser or any document quickly without using a scroll bar. It is like upward flick will drag the page down and a downward flick will drag the page up. But when you use it with browser pen flick to the left takes you to the back by one page and pen flick to the right takes you to the next by one page.

Customize your pen flicks.

Generally actions performed by your navigational and editing pen flicks are set to the default by your tablet pc. But if you want to change these actions then you can do it in this way.
    1. tap the start button and go to the control panel, then mobile pc and open Pen and Input Devices.
    2. Switch to the Flicks tab and make a check for Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily and select for Navigational flicks and editing flicks.
    3. Click on Customize Flicks.

Tips for using Pen Flicks.

Following are some tips when you use Pen Flicks.

1. Make sure that you have made a check for "Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily" check box presented on the Flicks tab.
    2. Use pen flicks with a tablet pen instead of mouse.
    3. make sure that you are moving the tablet pen in active directions while using the navigational flicks.To got to the settings for pen flicks tap on the icon given for the Pen Flicks.
    4. Do not use Pen Flicks on the ink enabled surface such as Tablet PC Input Panel or Windows Journal, as it will be considered as a ink stroke not as an pen flick.
    5. Always use the application which respond to the pen flicks. Try using Internet Explorer to check this.