Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Email links on Blackberry not clickable

Portable Devices

Old 21-12-2009

Email links on Blackberry not clickable

Hello guyz, I have a recently bought Blackberry Curve 8520 with a Verizon connection. The problem is that I am able to access my email account from my blackberry but i am not able to click on the email links in the body of the e-mail. I tried many times but i cant open the link. Are there any settings required for opening email links on the phone?What can be the possible cause behind this? Please help

Last edited by Gavisht : 21-12-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 21-12-2009

Re: Email links on Blackberry not clickable

May be the links inside the mail must not have been properly added. It is possible that the html code of the link is not properly inserted which is making it unclickable. Check the code of the links by selecting and changing it to plane text. After changing it to plain text, edit the link with proper html code and then save it. The link will work if it is properly edited.
Old 21-12-2009

I think Javascript is not enabled on your phone. We are not able to click on the links if the Javascript is disabled on the phone. To enable the javascript on the phone, Open your Browser--Go to Options and then select General properties. Now check mark the box which says "Enable Javascript Location Support". Now save the settings and restart the browser. Now you will be able to click on the links which come in your mail.
Old 21-12-2009

Some Links are not clickable on a Blackberry phone. This is a common problem faced by many users of Blackberry. Some links don't work on Blackberry phones and there is nothing you can do about it. There are no settings which can make this links work. Its a problem that has not been fixed yet by the phone manufacturer.
Old 21-12-2009

I faced the same problems with opening links on my Blackberry before. It seems this problem occurs only when the links are sent via Computer and then tried to open on the blackberry. There is no problem if the links are sent from a phone. So you can try and mail those links to you again from your phone and see if they work. They worked for me so hopefully it works for you too
Old 21-12-2009

Upgrading the Operating system on your phone might do the trick. I also faced similar problems for which i upgraded the operating system. Go online and check for the latest updates for your phone. After upgradation, log into your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account from my computer and then send the updated service books. After sending the updated service books you will be able to click on the email links.
Old 26-04-2010

If email links on BB are not clickable how do you activate apps, etc that are downloaded from BB apps store that are sent to your blackberry from say your laptop or desktop computer?
Old 27-04-2010

Well first of all very soory, because i dont know about the email links in the BlackBerry. But you can download lots of the BlackBerry application from the BlackBerry App World by installing the BlackBerry App World software on your mobile. So go to the www.blackberry.com/appworld/download , using the browser of mobile phone and download and install this software properly.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,