Use the terminal to recover songs from iPod
Recovery of songs from iPods is indeed possible. There is an inbuilt way to recover the music files. Use the terminal to recover songs from iPod as follows:
- The terminal is situated in Applications. There go to Utilities, where you will find the terminal.
- Enter as shown: cd /Volumes/[Name of your iPod]/iPod_Control.
- Enter rsync -r Music ~/Desktop to copy all the music files to your iPod desktop.
- When the rsync command is complete, the folder of music that has been created on the desktop has to be dragged to the icon for iTunes in the Finder or the Dock.
- Just wait till all the songs are imported.
In The Absence Of Light