Thread: Recovery of songs from iPods

Recovery of songs from iPods

I own an Apple iPod from the past 6 months and it works smoothly without any problem. A week ago, I accidentally deleted some of the music and audio files from it. Now, I urgently want them back. I also do not have a backup of all those audio files on my computer. Is recovery of songs from iPods possible. Can corrupted files also be recovered? If yes, please tell me how do I perform the recovery.

Use the terminal to recover songs from iPod

Recovery of songs from iPods is indeed possible. There is an inbuilt way to recover the music files. Use the terminal to recover songs from iPod as follows:
    1. The terminal is situated in Applications. There go to Utilities, where you will find the terminal.
    2. Enter as shown: cd /Volumes/[Name of your iPod]/iPod_Control.
    3. Enter rsync -r Music ~/Desktop to copy all the music files to your iPod desktop.
    4. When the rsync command is complete, the folder of music that has been created on the desktop has to be dragged to the icon for iTunes in the Finder or the Dock.
    5. Just wait till all the songs are imported.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Recovery of iTunes on Windows

Recovery of songs from iPods can be done because they have a built-in technique for this. Recovery of iTunes on Windows is also possible. Do as follows:
    • First connect the iPod to the computer.
    • Go to Start.
    • Now, select Control Panel from there.
    • In the classic mode, select Folder Options.
    • Next, go to the View tab.
    • You will see the "Hidden Files and Folders" section there. The radio button which says "Show Hidden Files and Folders" has to be selected.
    • Now, click Apply and afterwards OK. You will be able to see all the songs that you had loaded on your iPod. Just move them to the main memory.

Use the cp command on your computer

If you want to do recovery of songs from iPods, then first connect it to the computer because you have to use the DISK MODE, which is not directly available in the iPod. You will have to use the cp command on your computer. It is called as the COPY command too. This will help you to recover all the audio files from the terminal along with the following:
    • Playlists
    • Ratings
    • Play count
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Recover my Files can help

If you want to do recovery of songs from iPods, then I suppose that "Recover my Files" can help. But, this is a software that runs on Windows operating system. It allows to recover files from all types of portables. I guess that it must be able to recover files from the iPod too. Connect the iPod to the computer and run Recover my Files in the iPod by enabling all the audio formats in it. all the lost files will be successfully recovered.

iPods Recovery Software recovers lost files

iPods Recovery Software recovers lost files from the iPod. You can use it for the recovery of songs from iPods. You have 2 kinds of searches in it:
    1. STANDARD SEARCH
    2. ADVANCED SEARCH

First, try with the standard search. If you do not get the desired results, then go on to the advanced search. The second one takes a longer time to complete.