Thread: Updating the firmware of Nokia N97

Updating the firmware of Nokia N97

I am using the Nokia N97 Touchscreen Mobile phone. I want to update the OS Firmware version of my cell phone but i dont know how to do this. So i am asking you people, Hope you people will help me out. I want to know what is Firmware. Provide me the details for the same as soon as possible.

Re: Updating the firmware of Nokia N97

You are having the Nokia N97 Mobile phone and you want to update the firmware of this cell phone. The FIRMWARE means the newer version of the operating system which you are using in the cell phone. This is necessary for the High-End Nokia mobiles to keep the mobile upto date. The firm updates removes the Bugs of the older version of the Operating Systems along with the some of the latest features. You can check on the website of the Nokia for the firmware update.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You can easily update the latest Firmware of the Operating System for your Nokia N97 Mobile phone. For updating the Firmware you have to connect the Nokia N97 mobile phone to the computer using the connection USB cable. But remember that the Nokia PC-Suite or the Nokia OVI-Suite should be installed in your system. Connect the mobile phone and select the PC-Suite mode. Select the Update Software options from the list of the options. You should have the Internet Connection for this.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can do the same for updating the Firmware for the Nokia N97 mobile phone using the bluetooth. Connect your cell phone top the computer systen using the bluetooth technology. Do the same after this as the procedure mentioned in the Firmware update through the USB cable connection. You can use this type of the connection if you do not have the USB cable of the cell phone or if there is any problem in connecting the mobile phone using the USB cable.

There is one more method is available for the updating of the Firmware of the Nokia Mobile phones. Most of the Nokia mobiles are enabled with the Wi-Fi technology for the browsing purpose on the internet. If you have the wireless internet or the wireless router at your home. Then you can also update the Firmware of your cell phone using the Wi-Fi without connecting the mobile with the computer. This is less time consuming as compare to the Computer update method.

So it is totally depends on you which method you will choose for the up-gradation of the firmware of your Nokia N97 mobile phone. but in my opinion you should go for the wireless connection method because this is less time consuming. This method takes around 30 minutes to update the mobile phone as compared to the USB or the Bluetooth connection method which takes around 80-90 minutes to update the Firmware.