Thread: Differences between Micro SD and mini SD card

Differences between Micro SD and mini SD card

Hi everybody,
    What is the difference between Micro SD and Mini SD card. I want to know that because i found price differentiation between them. What i can buy for my mobile that also compatible with my Laptop. Please suggest. Thanks.

Size may differ

May be price will be difference and size also. But no difference between mini SD card and micro SD card. SD cards you start them in faster versions, and larger storage capacities. Go for latest transend 8 GB SD card. Data transfer rate is also same for that.

Storage capacity is more in micro SD card

Micro and mini SD cards are both memory card for use in digital camera, mobile device for storing data. but each have unique properties like dimension, Pins, Capacity.The micro comes in storage capacities up to 2 TeraByte, whereas the greatest capacity of the mini is 32 GB.

Popularity of MiniSD.

Micro SD card and Mini SD card have using same adpater.Both cards are compatible with certain mobile devices. Micro cards are growing more popularity. Most of mobile have come compatible with Micro SD. According to survey, 66.4 percent of devices were compatible with the mini SD cards and 85.6 percent of devices is compatible with Micro SD.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Laptop in built adapter for SD card

Can you tell me what mobile you have used, Because most of mobile is not supported up to 2 GB of mini or micro SD card. You need memory reader for reading memory SD card. You are not defined laptop modal but may be most of modal have in built memory card reader. There are many memory card adapter is find in market which are compatible with all sd card memory.

Number of pins differences in Micro SD and mini SD card

The mini SD card uses 11 pins to connect to a device while the micro Sd card uses eight pins to connect the device. Both cards require a special adapter to use in standard SD slots, but the micro can be used in most mobile phones without an adapter.