Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-12-2009

Linux Based SmartPhone

Hi, I want to buy the SmartPhone, but I don't like the windows operating system and mostly use the Linux operating system. So, is there any smartphone which uses the Linux as operating system, then please help me to get that. If you know more names then just give me that list, so I can search for the best one from that list. So, please help me to get the SmartPhone with the Linux Operating Sytem.
Old 16-12-2009

Re: Linux Based SmartPhone

Hello, I am having the list of Linux based smartphones as below. I am not having more information about it, so you need to check it first.
  1. Grundig B700
  2. Gupp Phreedom
  3. Greenphone
  4. FIC Neo1973
  5. D-Link V-Click
  6. Moto ROKR E6
  7. ImCoSys
  8. Moto ?MING? A1200
Old 16-12-2009

Hey, I am also searching for the same smartphones which will help me with the use of the Linux operating system. As I am regular user of the Linux based operating system, If there are smartphones which are based onto the Linux Operating System, then it will be more helpful to the users such as me, which are used to work with the Linux Operating system. So, if it is possible then give me list of that SmartPhones so that I can Buy one of it.
Old 16-12-2009

Hello, I don't have any SmarfPhone, but when I search for the SmartPhone which is Based on the Linux, then I come to know the following SmartPhone which is Linux based:
  • Motorola Evoke QA4
  • Motorola A1210
  • Yuhua Xphone-SDK
  • Yuhua Xphone-SDK
  • General Mobile DSTL1
  • NEC DoCoMo N-01A, N-02A, N-03A, and N-04A
  • Google Android Dev Phone 1
  • Kogan Agora
  • Koolu W.E. Phone for Android
  • CRC Openmokast
  • Motorola MotoMING A1600
  • Grundig B700
  • Wistron NeWeb PDA and Dual Net Phone-GW4
Old 16-12-2009

Hi, I am also searching for the same, but I want to know the name of SmartPhone which is Linux Based but in Nokia Brand. I had search on internet, but I am only able to view the list of SmartPhone which are of the Motorola or other company, so if anyone from you if have the name of the SmaftPhone which is Linux Based and with the Nokia brand then just reply me. Reply me as soon as possible as I want to buy this SmarfPhone as soon as possible.
Old 16-12-2009

Hello, I have searched regarding this and it is good news that the Samsung and LG are now working on creating the Linux based operating system for their SmartPhones. So, I think after some time interval it is possible to use the SmartPhone which is Linux based. So, you need to wait for some time and then you will be able to use the smartphone with the Linux operating system.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,