Thread: Does GeForce GT 330M supports 1080P HDTV

Does GeForce GT 330M supports 1080P HDTV

Good Morning everyone, this is the first time that i am using a forum to question so please provide with a relevant information. I have HDTV at my home that has 1920x1080 resolution at 60Hz. This HDTV is absolutely working fine and I haven't got any kind of problem as such with this TV. Now my question is that I am looking to buy a laptop from a friend of mine that has GeForce GT 330M card with 120G memory, now this is OK but the problem is that the laptop LCD screen maximum resolution is 1600x900, which is a bit less as compared to the HDTV. So I would like to know that will I be able to connect the laptop through HDMI to my HDTV as a second monitor and can view anything with no problem at all. Please provide some reasonable answers.

Re: Does GeForce GT 330M supports 1080P HDTV

Hey I think that you will surely be able to connect your laptop to the HDTV via HDMI for using the HDTV screen as a second monitor. I think that the Geforce card will surely help you in connecting the laptop to the Tv and you will get all the images and movies perfectly on the HDTV, but before please do not forget to install the drivers that are needed by this graphics card to connect the laptop to the HDTV, without this you will not be able to connect to the HDTV because every hardware components require some or the other driver to detect and connect smoothly, so please do this first and then go on connecting the TV.

Why not you will be able to connect to the HDTV through your laptop with the help of HDMI, I think that before buying the laptop make sure that the laptop has a inbuilt HDMI card in so as to help connect to the HDTV. even if it is not there they you can also attach a new one that will help you to connect to the HDTV. I think that it is always better that the laptop has a inbuilt HDMI card so that you will not face any problem afterwards of connecting the HDMI connector external to help connecting to the TV.

Hello friends even I have got a same resolution HDTV that is 1920x1080 and my laptop is of 1600x900 resolution. I have a Geforce graphics card on it along with the HDMI connector and I am able to smoothly connect the laptop to the HDTV for viewing the movies. But my problem although the movies are been displayed on the HDTV but their size is same as my laptop screen that is the HDTV i snot displaying full screen video on its screen. So can any one help me to know how can I be able to get the full screen video on the HDTV screen, as my main purpose was to have big screen video on HDTV.