Thread: Kindle is number one.

Kindle is number one.

Kindle was a good ebook reader for the book lovers. Instead of using 2.5 to 3 kg laptops, for reading ebooks I can use my kindle for the same purpose. I thought what will be better than my kindle. Amazon.com has given me another surprise by launching new version of kindle named as kindle 2 and kindle DX. Both kindle 2 and kindle DX are remarkably good compared to its previous versions. But at the same time Kindle has its competitors like Sony ebook reader, Nook reader and some news papers are launching their own ebook reader. I just want to check whether I am right about kindle being number one.

Re: Number one in the market

I also think the same because the new version of kindle named as Kindle DX, is remarkably good compared to its previous versions, or the other e book readers in the market. I don't think so that any other eBook reader available in the market is as good as kindle DX, because the features which Kindle DX has, is not been introduced in any of the book reader. Kindle DX has large screen with the extended memory which can store more 3,500.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (3.6GHz, 1.44v) with TR Ultra 120E,
    Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 v1.1, 4GB G.Skill PI 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v ,
    Powercolor ATI HD4870X2 2GB, 4x SATA2 500GB Samsung HDD RAID 10,
    Creative X-Fi, Dell 2408WFP A01 24" LCD,
    Acer P221w 22" LCD,
    Corsair HX-1000 Watt PSU,
    Vista 64-bit.

Re: A clear road is ahead for kindle.

A clear road is ahead for kindle DX. It is obvious that with enhanced features which are introduced in Kindle DX, makes the Amazon Kindle number one in the market. I would like to mention one feature of kindle which makes kindle number one for me. The most important feature for me is the long battery life. This feature is important for me because I have to travel from one place to another for my work and I have no time for charging my electronic devices so if I am having any electronic device which can run for longer than fourteen days is going to help me definitely.

Re: Sony e book reader is toughest competitor of Amazon's kindle.

Well I don't agree with you. Sony e book reader is toughest competitor of Amazons kindle. Sony e book reader has maximum number of features which makes the Sony reader one step ahead of Amazon's Kindle. Sony e-reader has 3G wireless connectivity. It is costing around $ 399. Sony has also launched other e-readers -- the "Reader Pocket Edition," costing around $ 199, and the "Reader Touch Edition," costing $ 299 but they do not offer wireless connectivity.

Re: Kindle DX is number one in the market.

If you are a fan of Sony's product that doesn't mean every product of Japan's Sony Corporation will good. The ranking of products is not decided by the company position in the market but according to usefulness of product and according to the price of the product. If we go by the usefulness and the pricing of e book reader kindle is far ahead of Sony e book reader. I am also in the support of the statement that the Kindle DX is number one in the market, whether it is related to features or the price.