Thread: Accessing Internet on unlocked Blackberry storm 9530

Accessing Internet on unlocked Blackberry storm 9530

My friends have gifted me an unlocked Blackberry storm 9530.I have subscribed for an AT&T connection on that.There is no issue as far as the basic functions of the phone are concerned but i cant access the Internet using my Blackberry.I don't know.if AT&T does not support this phone or not.Is there any other way to access the internet from my phone....? Is it because of the unlocking....?

Re: Accessing Internet on unlocked Blackberry storm 9530

Actually it is very surprising that you have actually got the basic phone function working on the 9530 with an AT&T connection.According to me BlackBerry Storm 9530 is a CDMA phone which cannot work with a GSM services.Also AT&T is a GSM operator hence is not possible to use a CDMA phone on a GSM network and vice versa.I know the phone is known to be a World Phone but it will only work with GSM networks outside of the U.S. as the U.S. GSM operators use a different frequency.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It is possible to use the BlackBerry Storm 9530 on AT&T connection in US but to get the Internet access you need to ask AT&T people for the TCP/IP settings (including the APN, username and password) for your phone.This settings may differ depending on your choice of contract and you will have to mention that you are going to use this on a Blackberry.Once you have the settings then configure your Blackberry according to it as follows.Go to--Options--Advanced Options-- TCP/IP and enter the settings there.After this configuration i don't think there will be any problem in accessing the Internet.

For your information the Blackberry Storm 9530 is a world phone which can work on CDMA as well as GSM technology without any hassle's.It can also work on GSM frequencies which are used by the american operators.To make the access the Internet from your phone you will have to first obtain an active AT&T Blackberry BIS account on your existing AT&T connection.Then overwrite the service books on your unlocked handset with AT&T Blackberry service books.Now replace TCP/IP username and password.After editing the service books send the service books.Now you will be able to access the internet without any issue from your Unlocked Blackberry phone.The only thing you will not be able to do is to load compatible firmware for your phone as you have unlocked it.