Thread: IPod touch takes a long time for back up.

IPod touch takes a long time for back up.

Hell to all,
    My sister gifted me a cool new iPod touch 3.1.2. It has amazing features. It don't have any problem except one. It takes more than 2 hours to backup. I don't know why this happened. I don't know very much about ipod touch. Can any one tell me how to fix this problem.
    thanks in advanced.

Re: IPod touch takes a long time for back up.

From your information it seems that you are using computer with low configuration. Due to your computer's slow speed, you are not able to take your ipod's backup quickly. For ipod to work well in terms of speed with your computer you must need minimum following configuration in your computer.
    Windows xp (SP2)
    1.8 ghz processor
    80gb hard disk
    512 RAM.
    If you have configuration lower than above then you may likely get this problem.

I think there is some USB port related issue in your computer. Ipod touch requires USB port 2.0 in your computer to work well. I think you must be using some older USB port with your motherboard. Due to slow USB connection you are not able to get fast backup. Try to install new USB drivers for your computer. They will help you in increasing backup process by little time.

It seems that you had Jailbroken your ipod touch. It is already said that by apple, do not jailbreak your ipod touch. It not also slow down your back up process but also freeze your ipod touch. Due to jailbreak you are also not able to synchronize your ipod with itunes. If you want to remove jailbreak then restore your ipod touch. You can do this by using itunes. Just connect your ipod to computer and click on Restore button from itunes.

I also had the same problem then one of my friend suggest me to update ipod touch. After updating with new version now my ipod's backup process is working fast. I think you also try to update your ipod touch. You can do this in following ways.
    First connect your ipod to itunes -> itunes application automatically start synchronizing ->close this process -> now in the right hand side you can find restore button just click on it -> wait for few minutes until restore process complete -> now disconnect your ipod touch.
    Now when you next time connect your ipod to itunes, you will find that your backup process is increase.