Thread: Amazon Kindle alternative - Rival to Kindle

Amazon Kindle alternative - Rival to Kindle

I have lately being reading a lot about Amazon's device for reading online ebooks- Kindle. It has been the device been most talked about. Now even Microsoft has made it available for its Windows users and Mac is in progress of doing so. My query is that do we have any other alternatives to Amazon's Kindle.

Cool-ER for ebooks

There are number of alternatives that are available to Kindle ebooks reading device. Every one with its highlights and limitation over Kindle. The Cool-ER which is Cool Ebook Reader is very good alternative to Kindle. Although Kindle is recently made compatible with Windows operating systems and not yet compatible to Mac operating systems, Cool-ER is already compatible with Windows as well as Mac operating systems.

The Best Kindle Rival: Sony PRS-505

Support for word formated text, plain, RTF and PDF and multi media support to AAC and MP3 are the reasons why Sony PRS(Portable Reader System)-505 is stacked as the main rival for the Amazon introduced Kindle. You can increase the memory size which is initially inbuilt - 192 Mbs. Also the other reason being the brand name itself .i.e. Sony, which gives warranty support as well.

Forthcoming Germany's Txtr Reader

I am awaiting for the forthcoming Germany's first E-Book reader: Txtr Reader. The best part about this E-Book reader is the mobile connectivity for free to the bookstore of txtr. It also includes connection via Wifi, 3G and Bluetooth as well. Its storage memory can be expanded by Micro-SD cards.

Palm OS Ebook reader- eReader 1.3

The thing to be noticed about the eReader 1.3 is the Bookshelf application. Using this the user can make a list in terms of alphabetical order for author and titles and date. This is an application for the Iphone users where in to view the signal strength for the phone the user can just tap on the screen. But still I believe that Kindle 2 is the best, as I am also using the same.

Iphone reader- Stanza

If you are an Iphone user than Stanza is the best for reading e-books. The Kindle is only for reading e-books but it does not has any mobile connectivity to communicate and that is the reason I believe the best alternative to Kindle by Amazon is the Iphone which is having the Stanza application. It can be helpful in downloading a collection of around 100,000 e-books.