Thread: Comparison between Amazon Kindle and Sony PRS-505

Comparison between Amazon Kindle and Sony PRS-505

I want to buy a best e book reader. I will find many e book reader on the shop but i am confused who is the best. My option is Amazon Kindle and Sony PRS -505. Can anybody suggest me who is the best e book reader.

Wifi in Kindle bigger advantages.

Both the device is come in same price but the future is different. Amazon Kindle have wireless connection that delivered free e books but the disadvantages is the books tied to Amazon with DRM. Sony PRS-505 supports more formats but book store has fewer titles with many are expensive. Sony PRS-505 has also no wireless connectivity and WiFi capabilities. Kindle store has larger selection of books and cheaper prices as compare to Sony store. so i suggest for buy Kindle e book reader.

Page jump function in Sony PRS-505

I think Sony PRS - 500 have more advantages than Amazon Kindle. Sony PRS - 500 design look nice. The body that is made by metal seems more durable in Sony PRS 500. It support more formats that is big advantage against Kindle. Kindle 2 did not give native support of PDF format. In Sony PRS -500, you have to skip ahead by ten pages at a time and to jump on a specific page number that does not do with kindle. I suggest you go with Sony PRS - 500.

Navigate page easily in Sony PRS 500

I was also confused on that device but last purchased Sony PRS 500. It has excellent battery life and easy to use. It is light weight so can easy to use in traveling. On the other hand Kindle 2 has search function but there is no option for skipping ahead. The navigation of a book is very difficult in Kindle But in Sony PRS 500 have capacity to store many books and navigational process is also user friendly.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Difficult to transfer the file in Sony PRS 505

I love Amazon Kindle to have big feature like wireless connectivity that is not supported by sony PRS-505. It is easy to transfer the files to device from computer where in Sony PRS 505 always hook up the wires and plug in plug out problem. I am sending blogs , browsing internet on Amzon Kindle that is not possible with Sony PRS 505.

Built in dictionary in Amazon Kindle

Mostly i have scanned document PDF file but the biggest problem is viewing these file. Some time it is very difficult to read. When the document in landscape mode, its does not help much to read. Also there is no way to organize a book by subject or topics in Sony PRS 505. So i suggest you just go to buy Amazon Kindle that have many good new features like free internet access, a built-in dictionary and Wikipedia access.