Thread: upgrading Acer Aspire 4736z laptop

upgrading Acer Aspire 4736z laptop

I want to upgrade my Acer laptop. I am using the Acer Aspire 4736z. This laptop is processing very slow. So i want to upgrade the technical specification of the laptop as well as i want to upgrade the Operating system of the laptop. I am currently using the Windows XP Operating system in this laptop and i want to install the Windows 7 operating system in my laptop.
    Thank you.

Re: upgrading Acer Aspire 4736z laptop

You have the Acer Aspire 4736z laptop and you want to upgrade this laptop as this laptop is working very slow. The processing speed of this laptop has become slower than the other laptop. But you have not mentioned the current specification of your laptop. If you had mentioned the specification here, It would be easier to us to help you out in the upgrade of your laptop. However you have not mentioned that you want to change the processor of the laptop or you want to increase the RAM of the laptop.

As i have checked on the internet your Acer Aspire laptop should have this specification.
    1-AMD processor
    2-Athlon 64
    3-Single-Core processor
    4-1.6GHz Speed
    5-Cache memory : 512KB L2 Cache and
    6-AMD M780G Chipset
    Last edited by Paxton; 14-12-2009 at 05:11 PM.

As the processor of your Acer Aspire 4736z laptop is the single core you should upgrade it to the Dual core processor. You are having the AMD motherboard and processor. Change the processor of the laptop from single core to the double core. This will improve the speed and the performance of the laptop. The current processor of the laptop is little bit older that is why the laptop is performing slower than the latest laptops.

The other thing you can do for increasing the performance of the acer laptop is that you can increase the RAM memory of the laptop instead of replacing the processor of the laptop. This will Reduce the upgradation cost of your laptop. Because the Processor is costlier than the RAM. It is better to increase the RAM memory rather than replacing the whole processor of the laptop. If you are having the !GB ram in your system then increase it to the 2GB. this will increase the processing speed of your laptop.

You want to upgrade the laptop in terms of the Operating system. You are currently using the Windows XP operating system. And you want to upgrade it to the Windows 7 Operating System. For upgrading the OS to the Windows 7 your processor should Dual core or core 2 duo. And the minimum RAM memory of your system should be 1GB but it is better to make it 2GB. If you have this configuration on your laptop then you can easily upgrade the OS of your laptop.

can i upgrade my Acer Aspire 4736Z motherboard to Acer Aspire 4741G or Acer Aspire 5742G, please help me solve this matter. Thanks