Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-12-2009

Kindle wireless hardware device in India

After going through lot of review and videos available on net. I am still confused whether to buy kindle or not. Kindle was advertised at the cost of $279 but it will cost more to be delivered at my door step. Right now I have no idea about what will be the price of kindle in India and when kindle will be launched in India. But I am sure for one thing that the price of kindle will be more then $279.
Old 13-12-2009

Price of kindle, ebook reader in India.

Surely in India the price of kindle (eBook reader) will be more than $279 that is around Rs 12, 863. The cost of shipment to India and the shipping duties and taxes in India will increase the price of the kindle . The cost of kindle in India will come around $ 405 that equals to Rs 18,680. In India eBook reader can get the eBooks for free, from public domain. So in India people do not have to pay the price of eBooks but they only have to pay the price of kindle.
Old 13-12-2009

Kindle (eBook reader): Vaule for money in India

Even if I am getting kindle (eBook reader) at the price of 365$ then also it is still good for me. Instead of taking my bulky laptop from one place to another it will be better if I use kindle for reading my e Books. Since, kindle weights about 290 grams and my laptop weights about 2kg to 2.5 kg it is clear that I will go for kindle. If I am not wrong kindle weight is not more than weight of advance mobile phone, and top of that kindle has a resolution of 600X800 pixels. According to me kindle has a better value for money.
Old 13-12-2009

Re: Feature of kindle (eBook reader) for Indian customers.

The most outstanding characteristic of kindle is its battery life. Kindle offers up to 4 days of battery life if Wi-Fi is on continuously and more than fourteen day if Wi-Fi is disconnected. A USB port is also provided for connecting kindle to computer. Kindle supports 2 Giga bytes of memory storage. Kindle supports 16-level gray scale. We can use kindle as a personal computer for blogging, as iPod for listening music and can download any book within a minute from public domain.
Old 13-12-2009

Re: Is kindle (eBook reader) worth for its price in India?

The price of kindle will go beyond $400 in India that is for sure. So if Indians are going to pay that much amount to buy the kindle then what are the features they are getting for this price? The features of kindle?s are slim and trim, reads like paper, more than 1500 books can be stored, battery life is more than fourteen days, inbuilt Wi-Fi, instant dictionary look up, text size can set according to requirement and last but not least bookmarks, notes, and highlights.
Old 13-12-2009

Re: Newspapers will be available on kindle in India.

Indians can access Hindustan Times on kindle, from December 4 2009. Kindle is the best selling e-reader manufactured by Amazon. Now we can access papers with a click of a button without worrying where we are in the world. Hindustan Times will be the first newspaper available on kindle. According to Editor in chief of Hindustan times, putting newspaper on kindle will now enable the readers of Hindustan times to access the paper around the world whenever and wherever we want in a convenient way.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , , ,