Thread: Sony ericsson P1i issues with windows 7

Sony ericsson P1i issues with windows 7

I have purchased a Sony ericsson P1i phone recently. Well I use to connect the phone using data cable to my desktop system. The problem is that after I upgraded my system to Windows 7 operating system the device is unable to detect. Well it used to work when working with windows xp. Can anyone help me out in making the things to work in proper way.

Re: Sony ericsson P1i issues with windows 7

Well the problem that is your phone is unable to detect may be due to he phones pc suite may not be installed properly or might need a re installation. This is because as you have upgraded your system to Windows 7 the system might need to reconfigure the applications that is been installed in order to process with the current operating system. DO the necessary actions it should work.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Check out for the data cable that you are using is proper or not. This is because there is a possibility that if the connector is worn out and is improper it do not allow the device to communicate or interact with the system. he reason could be use of cheap quality cable. Check the cable by using some different cable to connect your phone to your system. If it functions properly or able to make your device to detect then change the cable.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As you have upgraded your system to Windows 7 which is advanced and has lots of new technologies enabled in it. The operating system is very sophisticated and needs a good support from the application to work with its compatibility. Update the pc suite version for your phones model or its application. You can get the update file from the Sony's official website. This should then help your phone to get detected.

Follow the procedures for installing the drivers or the application by removing the software. Its as follows:

* Install the application that is PC suite for the phone using the utility disc provided.
    * Then after rebooting the system connect your phone to the system using data cable connection.
    * Uninstall the old drivers and then from the device manager option by checking the delete drivers for the phone.
    * Disconnect the device.
    * Restart the Windows.

If the solution is of no use then you can do one thing. There is an alternative to this. Run the launcher file of the pc suite application after all the drivers are been installed correctly and run the application as administrator. Allow accessibility if any prompt appears. Select the mode as Windows XP professional. This would then work under the compatibility mode to which the phone would get detected. Try out this should work.