Thread: (0xE800000A) error occurred in iTunes.

(0xE800000A) error occurred in iTunes.

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I have 2nd generation ipod touch. I get this problem from last week. When I try to connect my ipod to iTunes, it repeatedly gives me error stating that "iTunes could not connect to this iPod because an unknown error occurred (0xE800000A)". I don't know what is that mean. I try various method but it didn't work out. Can any one tell me how to fix this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: (0xE800000A) error occurred in iTunes.

I think there is some drivers related issue in your computer. Ipod touch need 2 main important things to work properly on your windows. First, USBAAPL.SYS driver must be installed in your computer and the Second is Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed in your computer as a Windows Service. If above two things are not installed, then you have to Reinstall it. You can Reinstall it in following ways. Before Reinstalling these things you have to first check whether they are present in your computer or not. Go to run option -> now type "devmgmt.msc" and press ok -> a list of devices will be displayed -> now right click on ipod -> click on Properties -> now select Driver tab -> a list of drivers are appeared -> check above driver is in list or not -> if that driver is not there then you have to re-install it by downloading it from apple site.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It seems that you might have using old version of iTunes. That's why you are not able to connect your new ipod touch. You can check Help tab of iTunes to find your itunes's version. If you are using itunes with version older than 7.4 then you have to re-install new version of iTunes. You can install it in following ways.
    First uninstall old iTunes from your computer -> now download latest version of iTunes from apple store for free -> now install new version of iTunes properly. That's it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems that your computer's USB ports may not be working properly or may become disabled for some times. It may happened that some other software may interfere with your ipod connection. In this case, the best option is restart your computer. When such type of problem happened the beset troubleshooting option is restart your computer.

I think there is some USB related issue. Your computer's USB may not be able to provide enough power supply to ipod touch, that's why you may experienced this problem. When you connect your ipod to your computer, it simultaneously charge your ipod. That's why iPod touch requires USB 2.0 to work properly. Try connecting ipod with different port that is built-in to the computer instead of an external USB hub. Do not try to connect your ipod to keyboard.
    I think my suggestion will help you.

I think there is some problem in your ipod software. Your ipod's OS may be get damaged or corrupted. In this case you have to install new version of OS in your ipod. You can do this using Restore process. If you don't know how to restore your iphone then use following steps.
    First connect your ipod to computer -> take backup of your ipd -> now format your ipod -> open itunes application -> in the right hand side you can find one Restore button just click on it -> now wait for few minutes -> after completing the process disconnect your ipod -> now check whether you are getting same problem or not -> if you still get the same problem then you have to contact your nearest apple store to fix this problem.