Thread: Problem with Call waiting tone on iphone

Problem with Call waiting tone on iphone

Hell to all,
    I am new to this forum. I had this problem from starting, when I bought iphone. When I talking with my friend and in between if someone called me, then my friend can also hear Call waiting tone. I don't know why this happened. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Croulet; 11-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Re: Problem with Call waiting tone on iphone

Hey,
    This is not due to any problem, rather it is due to one of feature of iphone. Apple had made the power or capacity of the iphone's mic very strong. So that even if you talk with small voice then mic can capture that voice very effectively. That's why when you hear Call waiting tone from speaker your iphone's mic capture it and pass it to your friend. For this reason your friend can also hear your call waiting tone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think you talk with your friend with speakerphone on, it means in speakerphone mode . That's why your friend can also hear your call waiting tone. First turn off your speakerphone mode and try to speak with normal way. If you still have the same problem then there is some carrier related issue. Contact your mobile operator to fix this problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems that you accidentally made some change in call setting of iphone. For this reason you might be getting this problem. If you don't know how to correct it, then in this case you have to reset your iphone. You can reset your iphone in following ways.
    First go to main menu -> now go to setting option -> now go to general option -> there you can find reset option -> just click on it -> now click on Call Reset option -> wait for few minutes until apple logo appeared.
    After this process your iphone come to it's original setting.

Try to restart your iphone. If you still have the same problem then there is some software related issue in your iphone. You have to restore your iphone with new version.
    You can do this in following ways.
    First connect your iphone to your computer -> now format your iphone -> now open itunes application -> in the right hand site you can find restore button just click on it -> wait for few minutes.-> after this your iphone is installed with new version.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method. I restore my iphone but it didn't work out. Then I contact apple store to fix this problem and they help me to get rid out of this problem. Now I don't have this problem. I think you also contact apple store to fix this problem.