Thread: How to fix corrupted file or folder on external device

How to fix corrupted file or folder on external device

hello,
    I have my external drive to store files and picture .I have My picture folder on my external hard disk. But these My Picture folder is now corrupt and I can not be deleted ,rename or even move this folder. I have huge data in my external drive so i do not want to format it. Can any body have idea to fix these file and folder without formatting option. I am using windows XP.

Re: How to fix corrupted file or folder on external device

Please scan your external disk with any updated anti virus. This may fix your file and folder then you will be open your folder. Just right click on the external disk drive then click on scan. This will scan and deleted corrupt file or folder of your external drive and fix the problem. If you found any issue again reply. I was solved the problem in same way that i suggested you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think check disk utility is the best way to fix the error in your external device. Any directory error, crossed linked files, lost clusters, bad sectors can be repair by the chkdsk utility. But you most login as a administrator of your computer. First it will check all sector of files and after that fix sector wise.I t may be complete all 3 stages.
    So hurry and fixed it.

The way to fix your files and folder on external drive through chkdsk utility as follow : Just double click on my computer , then right click on external drive, then click on properties and then tools. In error checking press the button of check now, a dialog box shows the checked disk option is displayed, check any procedure like run chkdsk in read only mode , repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors and repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information.