Thread: LG external DVD ROM not playing any movies

LG external DVD ROM not playing any movies

I have the Toshiba Netbook. It is from one of the Toshiba NB100 Series Netbook. but i do not know the exact model number. I am very sorry for not providing the exact information to you people. The problem is with this Netbook is i am not able to play any video files through the External DVD ROM. I have the LG DVD ROM. This Rom is not able to play the Movies on my Netbook. However all the Audio files and all other data are working properly with this ROM on my Netbook.
    Help me.

Re: LG external DVD ROM not playing any movies

Your external LG DVD ROM is not able to play the Videos or any kind of movies on your Toshiba Netbook. You are using the External DVD ROM because most of the Netbooks are not enabled with the DVD Roms. However you are saying that this DVD Rom is able to play all the audio files. This can be because of the lens. Clean the lens of the DVD ROM by lens cleaning Disc. Do not clean the lens by ordinary cloth or by your hand or papers. This can damage the lens of the DVD Rom. This will resolve the DVD Rom problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This DVD ROM is playing all the files except Video files. You are not able to see any movies because of this problem. You are getting the problems in playing the videos files, this is because you have not installed the Codec for the video file which you are trying to play. first install the Codec for the video files and try again. You can download the VLC player or Media player Classic. This two media player software can play every type of video files.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If all of the above solutions are not working then this can be the Region issues. You have not mentioned in the Query that which movies you want to play using the DVD ROM. If you are trying to play the DVD of some other country using this DVD then first you should change the region your Operating System of your Netbook from the control panel. This will fix the Movie playback problem of your Toshiba Netbook.