Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009

phonebook and contacts issue in Sony Ericsson W995

I have the Sony Ericsson mobile phone. This is a Walkman Series cell phone. I have the Sony Ericsson W995. I am having the problem in the phonebook and contacts. The problem is that i am not able to see the contacts stored on the SIM card. I have changed my cell phone recently and want to copy the SIM contacts in the Mobile memory. But the SIM contacts are not shown in the cell phone.When i go into the contacts, It shows that copy from the SIM but nothing happens when i select yes. Please solve my problem.
Thank you.

Last edited by CACTUS101 : 10-12-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2009

Re: phonebook and contacts issue in Sony Ericsson W995

You have purchased the new Sony Ericsson W995 Walkman mobile phone. You are not able to view and copy the contacts stored in the SIM memory to the phone memory. You cannot directly view the SIM Contacts On your mobile. For viewing those contacts you have to change the settings. Go in the Contacts and change the setting from there. Select the View SIM contacts from the options available. Now you can see the SIM contacts on your cell phone.
Old 10-12-2009

If you are not able to copy the and view the SIM contacts in your cell phone then there is definitely some problem with cell phone. Please Reboot your cell phone and try again. Most of the times this technique solves the software errors of the cell phones. If after this the problem is not solved then you should restore your cell phone to the factory settings. This will fix the each and every error of your W995 cell phone.
Old 10-12-2009

If restoring cell to factory settings is also not working then there is some major problem with your cell phone. Take your cell phone to the repairing center , they will take the decision for solving the problem. Most probably they will Flash your cell phone. Flashing means formatting the cell phone. This will delete all the data stored on your cell phone memory. So please take the backup of cell phone data.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,