Thread: Can't change desktop background for HP mini laptop

Can't change desktop background for HP mini laptop

Just few days back i had bought a new HP mini laptop on which Windows 7 had been installed as my operating system. Now the problem is that i want to change the background of my HP mini laptop. I also went to Control Panel and tried to search "desktop background" but nothing comes up. So, can any one tell me that why i'm not able to change desktop background on my new HP mini laptop? Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't change desktop background for HP mini laptop

According to me best of knowledge Windows 7 Starter edition does not include the Personalization features such as the change desktop background option. If you still want to give a try then you just need to right click and select properties and select desktop, you can change it in there on your laptop. Wallpaper is the common terms used for designating the graphical interface in Microsoft Windows.

You cannot change the wallpaper in starter edition. The feature is not included, it has been designed for entry level pc's only. Like everyone else is saying the tab is not there and when you right click on the image and click add as background it does not work. The most current and simplest ways is to select and right-click on the picture you wish to set as background.

You can leave protected operating system files hidden to not have the desktop.ini files displayed, but leave system files unhidden to see the rest of them. First navigate to: %SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper. That's pretty much it, place your wallpapers there, create new folders etc, and they will show in the Windows Desktop Backgrounds menu in wallpaper selection.

I put a pic i wanted as my wallpaper in the web/wallpaper whatever thingy and i don't know what to do from there? there's no windows desktop background menu thing so basically i my version of or edition thing doesn't include it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
    I put a pic i wanted as my wallpaper in the web/wallpaper whatever thingy and i don't know what to do from there? there's no windows desktop background menu thing so basically i my version of or edition thing doesn't include it?
    You dont have to put the pic in the web options, if you want to make it as your desktop background wallpaper. You just simply need to right click on the pics and choose the option called 'set as desktop background' or something to make that pic as your wallpaper. Another option is, right click on desktop and choose properties and then click on the tab desktop and in there click on browse and put the pic that you want in the option.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

p90855309 Guest

unsure Re: Can't change desktop background for HP mini laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    You can leave protected operating system files hidden to not have the desktop.ini files displayed, but leave system files unhidden to see the rest of them. First navigate to: %SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper. That's pretty much it, place your wallpapers there, create new folders etc, and they will show in the Windows Desktop Backgrounds menu in wallpaper selection.
    my message: i cant get that up and errr where do i type in %SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper and after that i dont undeerstand what to do ????????

You have to type the same code in system explorer and navigate that file or folder and place the wallpaper that you want to keep as the desktop background.

masud30s Guest

You must type the same code in system explorer and navigate that file and place the wallpaper that you want to keep as the desktop background.