Thread: Lost photos and videos from MYCAMERA folder

Lost photos and videos from MYCAMERA folder

Hello guys, I am using windows currently. And i have a digital cam. I use to connect that camera to my computer. Generally it does not show me any error messages while i connect camera. But the problem is that i keep on loosing photos and videos from the MYCAMERA folder. Can anybody tell me that why this happening to my computer as i have already lost many important photos and videos.

Re: Lost photos and videos from MYCAMERA folder

Do not be worrying as this seems to be some simple problem. Let me assure you first that there is nothing wrong with your computer. There may have any problem with your camera. But i think every time you connect your camera to your computer, It saves all pics and videos to the same folder. It is but obvious that you would be clearing this photos and videos from your camera memory. Now when you use your camera again then it creates the same name for the new photo as you have saved a file with the same name in your computer, When you connect your camera to your computer for the next time it OVER WRITES the new file with the older one. So from now onwards keep on transferring your data to another folder then check weather it happens again or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Actually it does not seems to be anything wrong with your camera. It may happen that your windows creates MYCAMERA folder to save pictures only whenever you connect your camera to the computer. As soon as you disconnect your camera, That folder would have been deleted automatically. I mean to say that folder can be just for temporary use only. Still you can try searching for the lost photos and videos by perfect names, Only if you know by what name you had saved it.

Your computer might have been infected by some kind of viruses. May be these viruses would be the reason behind your lose of data. First of all scan your computer if it finds any virus then delete them from their core by using your anti virus system. Then connect check connecting your camera again and see to it that if any file is getting lost then you must be having some idea about its name so that you can search it, In case if it is not gone out of your computer. It may also happen that the lost files can be present in your Recycle bin folder.