Thread: Problem in starting the WEBCAM of HP DV6 1334 laptop

Problem in starting the WEBCAM of HP DV6 1334 laptop

I know you guys can help me out for this problem related with my laptop. I have HP laptop and the model number of the laptop is HP DV6 1334. The problem of this laptop is that the WEBCAM of the laptop is not working or the reason for that may be possibly myself. I am a new user so i dont know how to start the WEBCAM. Please guide me how to use it and fix it if there is any problem with the camera.

Re: Problem in starting the WEBCAM of HP DV6 1334 laptop

The laptops come with the built in WEBCAM. So open the cover of the webcam, if there then The webcam will automatically start and if it is not starting then the software for the Webcam is not installed in the laptop. install the software and start it. If you do not have the software for the webcam then right click on the my computer and select properties. Select hardware tab and check the device manager . If the device is not recognized by the laptop then it will be shown in others. if it is recognized then just right click on it and select UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE. this will install the software for the Webcam.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If after removing the cover of Webcam, it is not starting then this is problem related to the drivers of the Webcam. Reinstalling will solve this problem. Reinstall the driver for Webcam. Download the webcam driver compatible to your laptop from the official website of the HP. If you are not able to download the driver software then just contact to the HP service center , they will solve your problem. They will do it for free if your laptop is under the warranty period.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is one more possibility that why your webcam is not working. The Webcam may be disabled from the settings of device manager. To check this go to the device manager from properties by right click on my computer icon on the desktop and select the device manager from the Hardware tab. Right click on the Webcam name and select Enable option , if it is Disabled. By doing this the Webcam will start of your HP DV6 1334 laptop.
    thank you.