Thread: Nokia 5610 hangs on connecting to HP Pavilion Desktop

Nokia 5610 hangs on connecting to HP Pavilion Desktop

I have been using the Nokia 5610 for about the last two years now. IT was all working fine. I had an assembled desktop computer then. And when I connected my Nokia 5610 mobile phone to my desktop it was easily detected and would work properly. But now I have bough a new HP Pavilion Elite m9700 desktop computer. But when I connect my Nokia 5610 through a data cable to it, my mobile phone hangs. Why is it so ? I have installed Windows Vista very recently on my new desktop.

Re: Nokia 5610 hangs on connecting to HP Pavilion Desktop

Check the the data cable which you are using is not damaged or broken in between. Try to connect your Nokia mobile phone to some other computer and see if the problem still exists. Check that after connecting your Nokia mobile phone with some other data cable also hangs or not. If not then mostly your data cable is faulty.

Check that either your computer or mobile phone have not been infected by any virus. Update the anti virus on your desktop and then connect your mobile phone to the desktop. I would suggest you to download McAfee anti virus to protect your computer. It is better you also consult Nokia service center for assistance.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

My suggestion is to re-install Windows Vista. Take the backup of necessary files which are important to you. and the re-install Windows Vista operating system. After re-installing Windows Vista, insert the Nokia CD which you would have received with your Nokia 5610. And upload the necessary software. Now update all your computer drivers and then connect the mobile phone to your computer. This worked in my case.