Thread: Reinstalling the Operating System in nokia 5130

Reinstalling the Operating System in nokia 5130

Hello guys, i have the Nokia 5130 Xpress Music cell phone. This cell phone is not working normal from past few days. I think my cell phone is infected with the virus. So , i am thinking to reinstall the whole operating system of the cell phone. How can i do it? Is there any other way available to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Antonio1; 02-12-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Re: Reinstalling the Operating System in nokia 5130

You are having the Nokia 5130 Xpress Music mobile phone and you are thinking that your cell phone is infected with the VIRUSES. This is Nokia's S40 version Symbian OS mobile phone. It might possible that only the memory card is infected with the virus. So there is no need to reinstall the entire OS by formatting it. Connect your memory card to desktop or laptop which has the good updated anti-virus software. Scan the memory card and remove all the viruses from memory card.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you have checked for Viruses on the memory card of the mobile phone and it does not have any virus then the virus is in your mobile phone.But you can try one thing before reinstalling the OS. Install the anti-virus tool for your mobile phone. You can download it from the internet free of cost. Install the software and start the virus scan. This will find all the viruses in your cell phone. This might solve your problem. If you are not getting any software for your cell phone then connect your cell phone to the computer using NOKIA PC-SUITE software. Now you can scan your phone memory. Scan and delete the viruses.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you have tried all the possible solutions to solve this problem and you are not succeeding in that then you have only one option left to solve this error of your cell phone. You should Reinstall the whole operating system of your mobile phone. This is also known as FLASHING the cell phone. This is used to remove the old OS from cell phone which is not working properly and install the whole new operating system in your cell phone. You can do this from the mobile repairing shops.

Re: Reinstalling the Operating System in nokia 5220

Dear friend,

I have nokia 5220 (s40). It's operating system is not working properly.
    I want to reinstall the OS. plz tell me the procedure.
    Also tell me where do i find the OS?
    Last edited by sajudct; 22-08-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

the only way to reinstall the OS is by going to a shop. goto an authorised Nokia service center. or else i am sure the local ones will try to dope you...