Thread: iPhone 3g screen won't turn on after replacing digitizer

iPhone 3g screen won't turn on after replacing digitizer

Hello,
    On my Iphone I have the problem that the top portion of the screen no longer responds correctly to finger touch after I replaced a digitizer which was no long working. However, I do not know if it reaches the digitizer, the glass front say which one touches its fingers to exchange, or whether the LCD display is not responding. I suspect that it is sufficient to change the digitizer or the LCD also has a touch function? Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: iPhone 3g screen won't turn on after replacing digitizer

Hello,
    I think this may even be a software problem. Have you checked the software of your Iphone? Is it working correctly? If not then you can update it to the new software or install a fresh copy of the software. In such situation this is not only of hardware, it may even be the problem of a software. And checking a software is much cheaper than reinstalling a new hardware.

Hello,
    The problem is not related to the software that I've tested it. The touch function of the Iphone is the only area not working for example, is to find the controls for the brightness. So I think that the problem is purely to find at the hardware. With guarantee is nothing, as I have it from the States. Still i will install a fresh copy of the new software.

The digitizer is bonded to the glass. The glass is there to buy one for one, but it is only theoretically possible to renew the parts individually. So you have to renew including digitizer plate. You can see or find the hardware to your near apple store. So, not much about it only if you replaced the plate it will work fine. Also, I do not think that this is do any thing with the software.

In terms of repair is not, it seems most all iPhone workshops to go so that they choke on the work, they can probably take some time. Spare Parts I have ordered there already who came super fast and were favorable. The contact is also very good, will usually respond within 2-3 h on the mail. So, I think you can go for the apple store, then provide a good service.

Unfortunately, my 3G had a display damage. Had then changed Digitizerglas and display. The device is recognized in itunes as normal, However, shows no reaction on the display. It is dark now and then only briefly. Nothing more. Not an apple to see a USB cable. DFU mode (restore mode) have also brought nothing. Any idea what is the problem?

All three plug right back on it? One press of the lever and two plug for it. The right is the display and the left is the touch panel. Was it also part of 3G and not the 3G? Do you have a front glass with digitizer purchased together or have you settled the digitizer from the old glass and attached to the new?

the same thing has happened with mine, i replaced digitizer and screen and reattached the wires, then i turned it on to check it worked, the screen was white so i put the glass on, and turned off phone and turned it back on, and now it wont work, it works on itunes but wont turn on! HELP please

It is recommended that one should not play with the settings of the iPhone, if one does not know the proper solution about the problem that he/she is facing. Anyways, I suggest you to take your device to the Apple store or from where you had bought it. If its warranty is remaining, then you will get it repaired. You can trust the device being repaired by a genuine or official person.