Thread: How To Disable Voice Command Feature permanently in iPhone 3GS?

How To Disable Voice Command Feature permanently in iPhone 3GS?

Hi,
    I recently bought iPhone 3GS from branded apple store. It has amazing features and it looks very descent. I love all it's features except one, I don't like Voice Command feature. I want to disable this feature permanently. I don't want to use this features again. Can any one tell me how to disable it?
    Thank you.

Re: How To Disable Voice Command Feature permanently in iPhone 3GS?

You have to release a patch so that voice command feature will become turn off or you can use another feature to hold home button. You have to make this feature as optional so that voice command feature will become disable. If you still unable to disable this features then contact apple store, they give you best solution to overcome this problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As per my knowledge voice command features start only when you hold down the home button. But you still don't want this and want to disable it then do following setting in your iphone 3GS:
    Go to Menu option -> then select Settings option ->now choose General option -> click on Passcode Lock ->there you can find Voice Dial option ->click on it ->after this you can see Turn Off option -> click on it -> click this option -> Now your voice command features become disable.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think Voice command features become active due to faulty headset. Voice command features only become active only when you hold the center button of your headphone or home button. Check whether your headphone are in good working condition or not. You can replace it from apple store. After getting new headphone you can select option "never to hold the button down" from iphone setting. In this way you can avoid this voice command feature.
    I think this will help you.

I've been having serious problems with the Voice Control. There are times I just want to completely destroy the phone.
    My problem is not like yours. Voice Command activates with minimum pressure on the phone and it's really annoying.
    I often have my phone in my pocket and I have to be careful to not put some pressure on my phone or the voice command activates.
    There are times also that the home button doesn't work and others when no matter what I do I write something and the voice control activates randomly...
    like if the screen would be so much sensitive.
    I'm blaming one of the many applications I installed in the phone so I'm seriously considering a hard reset to the phone; because I remember
    not having that problem in the beginning when I bought the phone last year.
    I've been researching to disable the voice control completely but nothing works. Even though the voice dialing is disabled the control still
    activates with the minimum pressure or randomly when I'm doing something with my phone... not to mention that sometimes applications quit right
    when I'm doing something like if I had pressed the home button.
    In short; my problem is that the screen is too sensitive that sometimes the whole screen works like the home button... I press something in the screen twice
    and there comes the voice command... I select something and it quits...
    My God... it is really making me crazy...

It is possible to do that. For that you have open settings and then go in General. Then go in Passcode lock and the choose voice dial. I do not have any information on the voice command for the same which pop ups when you press the home key. The other way for the same is that apple has released a patch for the same. The best is to contact apple store for the same.

yeah dude the same shit was happening to me yesterday, I have the iphone 4 and I was in the gym using the ipod feature for the first time since I got it....every song was skipping and the voice command shit kept popping up. I couldn't figure out what was making it happen, I couldn't use the phone at all..or the ipod. I seriously was about to break it on the floor I just wanted to listen to music and the damn thing just kept saying voice control and pausing the music etc.

any way to disable this feature would be appreciated...I'm no dummy, I don't normally run into these types of electronic problems

Hi Koin,
    Have you tried disabling "shake to shuffle" option to off by going into settings--> ipod "shake to shuffle" turning it off? Actually, if you shake a bit or even move a bit with this kinda of option "on" then it will usually skip the songs or music that you are playing on your iphone 4. Hope that helps.