Thread: iPod app not working after update to 4.0 on iPhone 3G s

iPod app not working after update to 4.0 on iPhone 3G s

I am having an issue with the iPod Application in the iPhone. Actually last night i have updated the iPhone OS with the latest iPhone OS 4 which was done successfully. I have perform the update on the iPhone 3Gs. When i am trying to open the iPod application it opens for a second and then closed automatically. I can't even access the iPod control. So if any one had gone through the same then let me know the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: iPod app not working after update to 4.0 on iPhone 3G s

I think that there might be some of this file might be missing while you are updating to the new OS 4. So one thing that you can do to get rid of this issue is to go with the update process again so that you can get it working with the issue of yours. Do the same and see whether it is working for you or not. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response that you have given me regarding the issue of mine. I have gone through the same that you have suggested me to do but it is not working for me. I am still unable to make the iPod application working for me. So i am expecting that you will provide me some working solution for same.

I am having the same problem with the iPhone of mine which is not working with the iPod application after the upgradation to this new OS. So i have finally uninstalled this and again reinstall the complete iPhone iOS 4 for my system. So i think that if you follow the same the it will work with the issue of yours also.

As per your query i think that the problem is with your device only that is why you are getting this kind of issue. So i will advise you to reset the iPhone 3Gs and then update to the iPhone OS 4. The reset will the phone to its factory default setting. So if you are having the problem with the same the do the reset and see whether you are getting it work.

If all the above replies are not working for you then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding this issue. As they are the manufacturer so they might be having enough knowledge regarding this kind if issue and they can help you with the available solution. So contact the Apple and see whether it is working for you or not.

First let me know how you are updating the device? Apple is having the discussion about the update of the iPhone to the new iPhone OS 4. So if you are willing to know about the update of the iPhone OS 4 then you can go with the below given link that will help you for same. Here is the link. Apple

I am having the same issue. Have any of the above solutions worked for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by liwarrior View Post
    I am having the same issue. Have any of the above solutions worked for anyone?
    That is obvious to have this kind of problem after update because some of these apps are not designed for the updated version and hence they won't work if you have upgraded your device. You need to wait until the app developers launch the upgraded version of the app.

I am experiancing this issue with the IPOD. I believe the people above are as well becue it is in the title of the thread

Hi liwarrior,

What is the make/model of your ipod, is it a ipod touch or ipod classic or any other model? Have you tried going through the sync process again, it fixed my issue so hopefully it will solve your's as well. Try to turn off Spotlight for audio files. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Home Button -> Spotlight Search Results and deselect Music, Podcasts and Audiobooks.

Its an iPhone 3gs. once I updated it os 4.0 I am not longer able to use the Ipod app. it opens and closed. similar to the issues people are having above and in the title of this thread.

There was one guy who was able to solve this issue by not downloading the podcast that causes the iPod app to crash. If you just update your iphone to the 4.0 all alone then it might perhaps work but if it doesnt then you will need to wait for some patch to be released by the apple support team.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's