Thread: ActiveSync email address issue

ActiveSync email address issue

I'm using a Windows mobile PDA which i used for synchronizing mail as well as my contacts & calendar etc. However, there is a problem whenever it receives any email from someone, i'm unable to see my email addresses on the internal Exchange 2003 or on my Outlook 2003 GAL. So, can any one tell me that why i'm having ActiveSync email address issue? Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: ActiveSync email address issue

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync allows users to access corporate Exchange data from their mobile devices directly and securely without middleware. When a user sends an e-mail message, the e-mail message that is received by the recipient contains incorrect e-mail address information in the From box.

I think you should use the latest version of ActiveSync which is 4.5 which supports through Windows Mobile 6.1. Exchange ActiveSync is intended for organizations that can support an Exchange 2003 server and have IT resources to setup and maintain it. Support for Exchange ActiveSync is handled by Microsoft.

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is different from Microsoft Exchange Server, and it is also different from the Microsoft ActiveSync; these are three separate technologies. At the bottom of the ActiveSync screen, tap Menu, and then the Options button. From the options screen, you can choose which items to synchronize with the IU Exchange server and which items to synchronize with your desktop computer running ActiveSync.