Thread: How secure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is

How secure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is

I want to know something about Android, just in general for my knowledge. I am too using an Android phone since Android came in the market. To be frank am very happy with the same but I always worry about my data security. As we all know, according to the stats, Android has always been very easy for the hackers to exploit it. Its been years the OS is running in the same manner and Google has not done anything for the same.

But, now as they have launched the new os update Jelly Bean, I would like to know how secure it is ?

Re: How secure Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is

Yes, you are correct and good question dude. All Android versions including gingerbread, honeycomb and even ICS can be hacked by little trick. There could be many reasons such as unlike Apple, Google rarely check the security or validity of any applications uploaded on Market before going up for sale. Another reason is that Yes, Android has malware problems. Mostly these malware comes while rooting with any custom firmware. If you have rooted, you must know by than that you are not safe.

If you think that even non rooted phones also face malware problem, you are right but malware won’t be able to do anything on unrooted Android Phones. But once they enter in rooted devices, they unleash all of its nastiness because they get the access of everything. I hope Google might have done something regarding this in Jelly Bean.

Nice stats friend, appreciated. But I don’t think there is any single Android user who doesn’t want to root his/her Android device. Rooting is important I guess if you want to extend your mobile capabilities. So basically, rooting our devices should not be counted our fault. Instead, I want to say that developers should work on this and make it more secure in any case.

Hey guys, I agree with both of you and would like to appreciate for those infos. But my question is still there. Is the Jelly Bean same as the earlier Android versions in terms of security or is it Safe ? I would also like to know will it be safe to root Jelly Bean ?

Quote Originally Posted by THE=protector View Post
    Hey guys, I agree with both of you and would like to appreciate for those infos. But my question is still there. Is the Jelly Bean same as the earlier Android versions in terms of security or is it Safe ? I would also like to know will it be safe to root Jelly Bean ?
    Yes, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is the most secured Android os till date. The reason behind this is that Jelly Bean is made with a new security feature called as “Address Space Layout Randomization”, also known as “ASLR”. Made with few improved techniques such as non-executable memory protection, ASLR makes it very very difficult for hackers to exploit traditional memory corruption vulnerabilities because it randomizes where various areas of memory (eg. stack, heap, libs, etc) are mapped in the address space of a process. Jelly bean is the first android where ASLR implemented completely making it Secure.

Well dude, If am not wrong I guess ASLR was first introduced in Ice cream sandwich. But as far as security is concerned, even that is not secure from getting exploit or getting effected with Malware. So how can you say that Jelly bean is secured?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    Well dude, If am not wrong I guess ASLR was first introduced in Ice cream sandwich. But as far as security is concerned, even that is not secure from getting exploit or getting effected with Malware. So how can you say that Jelly bean is secured?
    That is corrected. ASLR was introduced in ICS. But hope you know every new technology is first released in beta and later come to final version, same happened here. ASLR was launched with ICS but was still in work, and as I said in my post above, it is now implemented completely in Jelly Bean making it secure version of Android so far.