Thread: information on IMEI number

information on IMEI number

I want to know about the IMEI number. Why it is compulsory for every cell phone. I am using a china mobile phone and i do not know if it has the IMEI number or not. How can i know the IMEI number of my mobile phone. Is there any problem with the phones which does not have IMEI numbers? What can i do if my cell phone does not have IMEI number?

Re: information on IMEI number

The International Mobile Equipment Identity is also known as IMEI number.the IMEI number is unique for every mobiles. Which covers GSM as well as CDMA mobile phones.The IMEI number is written or printed below the battery of the phone. However you can also find the IMEI number of your cell phone by pressing *#06# keys from keypad. This is a 15 digit number and unique to each and every cell phone around the world.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In other way you can say that this IMEI numbers are like names. We are identified by our name and similarly the cell phones are identified by their IMEI numbers. But the difference is that the two people can have the same name but two cell phones cannot have the same IMEI numbers. It is recommended to buy the cell phone with the IMEI numbers and with the proper bill of that mobile phone.

You should always buy the mobile phone which has the IMEI number and with the bill of the mobile phone. Because it helps to find the mobile phone when it gets lost. By IMEI number you can block your cell phone for any unauthorized use by telling the service operator if the cell phone is lost. You can also track your mobile with the help of the service provider with the IMEI number.