Thread: What is meant by Zune Pass?

What is meant by Zune Pass?

Hi,, last week i bought a new Zune HD player for my younger brother. Its really a cool device or player, i can say.. Anyways, i wanted to know about Zune Pass. Many of my friends suggested me to subscribe for the same when i bought this player.

I request you guys to please make me know what is Zune Pass and what are its benefits ? Any help will be appreciated...

Re: What is meant by Zune Pass?

A Zune Pass is a subscription that lets you download as many songs as you like from Zune Marketplace and listen to them for as long as you hold your subscription. Songs you download with a Zune Pass can be synced with up to three Zune players, but they can't be burned to CD. Zune Pass subscriptions come with 10 song credits per month. To get burn rights for a song, buy the song using either Microsoft Points or song credits.

Microsoft Points are the way you buy music, games, videos, and more at Zune Marketplace, Xbox LIVE, and Games for Windows Live. If you set up your accounts using the same Windows Live ID, you can share your points balance across Zune, Xbox LIVE, and Windows Live purchases.

You can buy Points online from the Marketplace using your credit card, or you can pick up Microsoft Points cards at many participating stores.

Once you have Microsoft Points, you can use them to purchase media at the Zune Marketplace. When you purchase a song or album, you have bought the privilege to sync it to your Zune, burn it to a CD, and beam it to a friend’s Zune so they can see if they like it. When you download a song with a Zune Pass, you can sync it to your Zune and beam it to a friend's Zune, although you can't burn it to a CD.

Songs that you download with your Zune Pass can't be burned to a CD unless you've bought them with your song credits. If you choose not to renew your Zune Pass after the subscription period ends, you won't be able to play the songs you've downloaded, though they will still appear in your Zune collection. Songs acquired using song credits are an exception: you can enjoy them indefinitely, even if your subscription lapses.

As long as your Zune Pass subscription is valid, you can:
    • Download an unlimited number of songs on up to three computers.
    • Play the songs an unlimited number of times.
    • Sync the downloaded songs an unlimited number of times with up to three Zune players.
    • Keep 10 songs every month for your permanent collection.

A Zune Pass comes with 10 monthly song credits for songs that will never expire—they become part of your permanent collection. Song credits are distributed on the day of the month associated with the start of your billing cycle. Unused credits expire on the day your billing cycle ends, and you start the next billing cycle with 10 new credits. To get a Zune Pass subscription:-
    1. Sign into your Zune account in the Zune software.
    2. Click Settings, Account, Zune Pass.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Download music with a Zune Pass:-
    1. Sign into your Zune account in the Zune software.
    2. Click marketplace, music.
    3. Find the song or album you want and click download.

Songs you get with a Zune Pass can be copied to up to three computers and three Zune players, but they can't be burned to CD. If you want to do that, buy those songs using Microsoft Points or song credits.

With a Zune Pass music subscription you can stream and download as much music as you want for $14.99 per month. Software features such as Channels, Mixview, and Smart DJ are optimized to take advantage of unlimited access to music at Zune Marketplace and on Zune.net. Zune Pass also gives you ten song credits to redeem each month. Zune Pass subscribers are also able to stream full songs from a web browser. Instantly download songs you hear on the Zune player's built-in FM tuner.