Thread: Sony Ericsson P800 POP3 HOTMAIL settings

Sony Ericsson P800 POP3 HOTMAIL settings

Recently i had bought a new Sony Ericsson P800 cellphone. I would like to set up my hotmail account as POP3. I tried it, but couldn't succeed in it. Can any one tell how to set up Sony Ericsson P800 POP3 HOTMAIL settings? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct way for doing it. Thanks.

Re: Sony Ericsson P800 POP3 HOTMAIL settings

What do you mean hotmail? You open Opera, type in http://www.hotmail.com, Open, etc, etc. As there is no requirement for a Browser nor other complicated processes, it is a no-brainer experience for any users. If you mean from the phones messages part i'm afraid you can't do hotmail from there POP3/IMAP4 only.

You can have a pop3 account on hotmail, so you can download the mail directly to your phone. BUT it costs money to have a pop3 account on hotmail. First you have to register from web. When your account is activated, on web site select options from top right corner of the screen , select e-mail and then outside accounts. Enter your hotmail user name and password.

To get a service enabled, you need to contact your network operator's Customer Services team. The onyl way to get Hotmail as POP is to subscribe to their advanced users service (the one with extra webspace) if you have done this then the POP3 settings are on the same page where you select POP3 or internet mail. I think it's under Mailbox Options from the website itself. Hint: Don't take their word that a service is actually enabled. Sometimes the 'enabled' signal takes a while to make it through, or they enable the wrong service.