Thread: How to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson?

How to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson?

One of my relatives had gifted me a W995 Sony Ericsson when I had gone in UK. At that time, I was a SIM of UK. Now that I have come back to India, I want to use a SIM of India. When I insert a local SIM card, it is asking a code and says that it is unlocked. Is there any site that provides paid unlocking codes for unlocking W995 Sony Ericsson or is there any other way to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson? Please help me, as I am trying to do this from a couple of days.

Re: How to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson?

It is not easy to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson. There are many websites on the internet that generate unlocking codes for you depending on the phone that you own. For this you need to give your IMEI number and phone model to that website. I think that providing your IMEI number to a site that you do not know is safe, but still if you want to try out your luck, then go forward. This is how one of my friends unlocked his Sony Ericsson phone. He has not encountered with any problem till now.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Inorder to unlock your W995 Sony Ericsson, you will have to go to an authorized service center of Sony Ericsson. I suppose that a mobile repair shop may also work out. On unlocking the phone you will have the benefit of using it with any network service you want. Not only that you will also be able use more than one SIM card and with any service since the phone is of a GSM brand. You will also increase the resale value of the phone as there will be many to buy this unlocked phone.

A W995 unlock code will enable you to use any simcard in your handset as long as your phone is compatible with that GSM brand.
    Last edited by Regina; 29-11-2009 at 04:45 AM.

It is not that simple to unlock W995 Sony Ericsson. You need not have any technical knowledge for this purpose. Long before, unlocking the phones used to affect the firmware of the phone. Now, there are softwares available on the web that instantly unlock the phone on simple submission of the phones IMEI number and model number. These codes are also provided by many of the network providers from which you are using the service. So, there will be no problem with the warranty of the phone.