Thread: iPhone 3G stuck at Apple logo screen

iPhone 3G stuck at Apple logo screen

I have an iPhone 3G phone. It used to get frozen on the Apple logo and have to restart it, in order to make anything work. I rebooted it because it was hanging when trying to use some applications and now the problem is that it's hung at the Apple logo. I have tried to reboot the phone many times but I get the same problem. Can any one tell me that why does my iPhone 3G stuck at the Apple logo screen? Anyone else have this problem? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem. Thanks.

Re: iPhone 3G stuck at Apple logo screen

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you connected it to your computer, launched iTunes, but the device did not show up? Have you tried pushing and holding the power and home buttons for 25 seconds? Besides all that, it sounds like the OS is locked in some sort of loop. If you haven't yet hooked it up to iTunes, I suggest you try. If you're lucky, it will show up and then you'll have to restore it.

Put in recovery mode. Sounds like you've done all you can. You're going to have to put it into recovery mode and do a restore. Hold home and sleep button for 10 sec then release the sleep wake button and continue to hold home button for 5 seconds and see if it goes into recovery mode. then hook up to itunes. Then restore.

A factory restore is accomplished by pressing and holding Sleep/Wake and Home until the iPhone resets. Connect your iPhone to whatever computer you use to manage it and restore it. You then have to restore the iPhone's firmware, all your settings, all your media, and all your Apps. During this process you are offered an attempt to recover your iPhone from a backup.