Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-11-2009

write protection error of memory card

hello friends i have a old multimedia memory card which i am using with the Nokia 6600 mobile phone. The problem is that when i try to transfer anything on the MMC card . The error comes that the card is "WRITE PROTECTED". I do not know how to make it Writable? Please help me in solving this problem.

Last edited by Balamohan : 28-11-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 28-11-2009

Re: write protection error of memory card

First of all check your memory card with other mobiles. If the other mobile also shows the same error, which is WRITE PROTECTED. Then this is the problem of your memory card and if it is working fine on another mobile then it is the problem related with your mobile phone. This can be a simple setting problem. Check the setting of mobile properly and change the setting where necessary.
Old 28-11-2009

If you have checked your mobile phone and your memory card and both are working properly. And the problem is not resolved by changing the settings in the phone then this is the serious error. Are you using your memory card for data transfer from computer using card reader or any other device. If you are doing so then there is lock on memory card on the top left side. When you insert the card into the card reader sometimes it come down. In this situation you cannot write anything on the memory card. So make sure the lock is opened when you insert the card in the card reader.
Old 28-11-2009

You can correct this problem from the computer. Just put your card in card reader. When the icons come in my computer just right click on the icon. The memory cards are shown as removable disk in the my computer. After right click go to the properties and unckeck the check box of write protection. By this way you can solve the write protection error of your memory card.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,