Thread: PC broken by ipod

PC broken by ipod

Hey friends,

I think this is the right place to post my query regarding the device i bought last month. I bought a ipod nano for my use and i installed the itunes on my PC to use with the same. But problem arise when i unplugged it from the pc all my USB port is showing malfunction. I have restarted my device lots of time to make the change but nothing is working out so finally i decided to take advice of the yours. So please any one have knowledge regarding the same can let me know that whats wrong with my PC.

Thanks in advance.

Re: PC broken by ipod

Hi,

Even i have visited the same problem last week and after lots of suffering i got the solution, so i think you are lucky one that i have the solution of your problem. Just do the same:

• Shut down you computer
    • Switch off the power.
    • Unplug the PC's main cable.
    • Now keep holding the power on button for 40 sec.
    • Plug the cable back
    • Start your system again.

Hope this will work with you also

Hey even i am having the same problem as you are facing but the difference is little, you are getting problem with your IPOD nano and i am getting the same with my USB drive.

When i was using my USB drive its also showing me the same malfunction error which result in USB drive corruption so finally i bought a new one. I think you too have to do the same.

Thank you

Hi,

I am not sure that what is the reason behind this malfunction but i can give you a advice regarding the malfunction problem which you are facing. It could be possible that only one of your USB is malfunctioned not the other one so try to connect your IPOD to the other USB port and check whether it is showing you the same error.

Say thanks if it will work.

Hey dude,

How come you are so sure about the malfunction of your USB, It could be possible that your USB driver are not working properly or got corrupted by some virus when you are downloading the itunes form the internet. So better you update the USB driver to make change effect. To update the driver just right click on the My Computer icon and go to the property, here you will find the hardware tab. Just click on that then you will see the Device Manager button, click on that, a window will appear. Look for the Universal Serial Bus just uninstall the driver and reinstalled the driver after the restart. It could solve your problem

Thanks