Thread: How to Backup iPhone Contacts

How to Backup iPhone Contacts

I recently got 16 gb apple iphone and i wanted to the procedure to restore or back up contacts, Is there any software that will make backup of my contacts? Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How to Backup iPhone Contacts

Connect your phone to iTunes, iTunes backs up all your contacts, notes, SMS and Calls on each sync. If you are on a Mac you can find them in Address Book. You can sync contacts from Mac OS X Address Book and Yahoo! Address Book on a Mac, Or from Yahoo! Address Book, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), or Microsoft Outlook on a PC.

To backup iphone contacts you need to use Windows Address Book. It allow users keep a single list of contacts that can be shared by multiple programs. It is most commonly used by Outlook Express. You can export my contacts as a Windows Address Book (WAB) file and a comma separated value file (CSV).this steps make you contact save.

iTunes can create backups of settings and certain other information on iPhone and iPod touch. You can use a backup to restore this information to your iPhone or iPod touch after a software restore or update, or to transfer information to a different device. Check this for more information : Phone and iPod touch: About backups

Personally speaking, I am not so crazy about such official softwares as iTunes. Now I am using a useful third party software called Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact to handle the backup problem of my iPhone contacts. It serves me quite well.... Hope u will find it useful, too.
    Last edited by Kunal; 04-09-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed